52deluxebug
12 years ago
I think I'm going to strangle my insurance broker...

As you know, I'm restoring the 1952 Panel.

Its not a cheap bit of kit even in the state I bought it in.

So, I added it to my fleet policy when we picked it up and insured it in the warehouse as a project. Had to get an independent valuation, but they accepted it.

Now, as we are working on it and doing more to it, clearly its value is increasing and initially the insurance said they would up the value at various stages of the restoration as we did more to the van.

Last week I wanted to up the value as the chassis is now more or less finished and clearly the van is worth more with a 100% perfect chassis than it was before.

Got another valuation done, sent it off....... NO NO NO, we can't possibly increase the value until its finished. :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

So, I have to wait until the day its finished before I can increase the value. What if the day before its finished the building burns down?? You know what they said: TOUGH! Well, it will be tough for them when I take my fleet policy elsewhere

so, the question is, does anyone know an insurance company who will cover the van whilst its undergoing resto and keep upping the value as we do more to it??

Cheers!
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
12 years ago

so, the question is, does anyone know an insurance company who will cover the van whilst its undergoing resto and keep upping the value as we do more to it??

52deluxebug wrote:

Very difficult Barclay,i didn't manage it with the cabrio.
But i would be very interested to know the company if you manage it.
BTW who is you present insurance company?
52deluxebug
12 years ago
I'm with a local broker here in Rugby - I can't remember who the actual cover is with.

They did tell me that such a thing was possible (grabbed my money....)

I know when Keith did his '52 Bug, he did get cover on it even as a project.

Will let you know if I find something
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other