AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Is a split being put back to standard? On Volks Zone some one called localceleb49 is selling a chrome molly roll cage out of a 49 standard split thats gone down the strip a few times. Any one know of it is it the one that was on ebay ????. Is 2012 going to be the year when people wake up to where the money is going to be in old V Dubs :thumbup:

Andy W  roll2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
12 years ago
:thumbup: Says it's going back to standard in his advert.

Think the car itself was advertised here for donkeys.
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
Also selling a judson supercharger off a 30hp engine :wink:

Andy W
Localceleb49
12 years ago
Hi guys,

Thought it best to join this site to hopefully gain some advice from far more knowledgeable people in the coming months/years with the restoration/repair on my recent (ebay) purchase.

It's slightly horrific what has happened to the car. I am going to attempt to get the poor girl back to a deserved as 'original as I can money depending' state!

Pretty sure from all the reading I did on the car before I bought it was that Lee Ivatt did the initial restoration and a lot of hard work at getting it to a near completed state.

Here are a few pic's of the split when I first took delivery. It need's an interior, most glass, bumpers, original wheels and original hand break (which is one part I have acquired!).

Things like reversing the front lowering is another soon to be job. Not too sure what I will need for this, it is on adjusters which are fairly easy to use I believe.

The Roll Cage should be removed very soon, sympathetically in the cars favour.

I've removed the Judson Supercharger which I am hoping to swap for a split interior or cash to fund one.

Over time it would be nice to install an original crash box and even a 25hp engine. It currently has a non-split trans and 36hp (30hp) 1958 Type-2 rebuilt engine.

It's never been on this shores roads as a driver (as far as I am aware) since it was imported from Germany in 1987, the sooner it's there the better :)

Cheers, Leon.

UserPostedImage 
UserPostedImage 

1949 Standard Beetle
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Welcome to the forum Leon! I am glad you are going to do that car justice!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
Welcome Glad to see you are going to get her back to normal :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dont forget to Keep us up to speed on the rebuild. There are Many informative people on here who i am shure will point you in the right direction on the re-birth of your Split :d

Andy W