Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
I thought I'd post this as it would best if this car goes to someone who will respect and appreciate what it is. I have known about this car since the late 80's. It was in the garage beside the home of the original owner and had been there over 20 years (from memory) a friend of mine spotted it one day when he was walking past and the doors of the garage were open. He was on it like a rash but the owner didn't want to sell it. Over the next ten years he kept popping in and asking if the car was for sale yet. Eventually, the original owner agreed to sell it to my friend Darren.
The car is a '54 - original UK market Right Hand Drive and is very genuine and original. It's extremely solid, it think the only bit of rot is in one of the rear bumper mounts and this has been left so the car is 'untouched'. All the seats are in original dark green leatherette. I think it's Iceland green.
Darren is an air-cooled VW mechanic so has gone through the brake system, replaced the shocks and anything else that was needed, but has tried to retain the originality of the car.
He must of had the car for over 10 years now and I just stopped off at his workshop and he was talking about the fact he had so many cars and was going to have to get rid of something... He went on to say much though he loved the Oval, he never uses it and so has decided to pass it on.
He doesn't go on this forum, so I said I'd put something up. He's not sure about the price, but wanted to see something around the eight grand figure. I thought this may be of interest to someone looking for a really straight unmolested UK RHD.

Darren said he's got some pics he can email, but if you want to find out more about the car call 07785 500003 or email him [email protected]

His workshop is VW Airfix, 132a Stanley Park Road, Carshalton, Surrey SM53JG
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
12 years ago
One question Ivan,is it OG paint or re-painted?
chrisbug91
12 years ago
Very intrested in seeing the Pics of this.
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Old Blue
12 years ago
Fancy the sound of this. Shame if the lowered mob get it.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

One question Ivan,is it OG paint or re-painted?

GKL 7 wrote:

To be perfectly honest, I have listed what I can remember - I am guessing original as it has certainly not been repainted since Darren has had it and it was parked up for eons prior to that. If you have any questions just give Darren a call. He knows everything about the car and will be happy to answer any questions.
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

Old Blue wrote:

I would agree with you on that one, and that is why I posted it info on here. It is a real survivor and really does need to end up in the right hands.
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

Very intrested in seeing the Pics of this.

chrisbug91 wrote:

Ping an email over to Darren and he will send you some pics. I think he's even got pics of when it was in the garage. But don't quote that are 100% fact. I may be wrong.
Art Editor Steve has just reminded there are pics of it coming out of the garage - we had them in the mag in Mike Pye's column shortly after Darren went and got the car.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
This car is a real gem. It hasn't really been seen in public for a long long time. Probably one of the nicest UK ovals I have ever seen needing minimal work to make it tip top. It is all in original paint.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rattletrap
12 years ago

Old Blue wrote:

Don't let your son near it then.

How hypercritical.:rofl:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
12 years ago
Has anyone heard back on this car yet?
I mailed Darren yesterday and have not received a reply yet.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
I have some pics of the car that I took last year when I saw it.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
six-o-one
12 years ago

GKL 7 wrote:

Nope
chrisbug91
12 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

Can you post them? please.
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago

GKL 7 wrote:

I've Heard Back From Darren .............. Sound's Like Really Lovely Car !
"Mr Stock"
GKL 7
12 years ago

I've Heard Back From Darren .............. Sound's Like Really Lovely Car !

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Wayne...Never mind what it sounds like....What does it look like?
Did you get pictures?
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago

Wayne...Never mind what it sounds like....What does it look like?
Did you get pictures?

GKL 7 wrote:

No Pictures Yet !
"Mr Stock"
Old Blue
12 years ago

Don't let your son near it then.

How hypercritical.:rofl:

Rattletrap wrote:

I was dead against the '56 being messed with (lowered that is). Jon had to go ahead and do it to be in with the peerage of friends. I doubt he'd lower another Beetle, he's realised that problems arise, and that the car is worth less now.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

Can You Post Them Rich ?
"Mr Stock"
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Darren is trying to sort out some pics. I called him last night and he said he only had prints - he'd never taken any pics of it with a digital camera. He said he'll get some as soon as he can. I told him to take digital pics of the prints for the time being. Hopefully you won't have to wait long.
chrisbug91
12 years ago
Any photo's yet?