Jollychuffy
11 years ago
There was a very tidy 1955/56 Oval for sale on Ebay, the sale scheduled to end yesterday evening ( 30th April ). By the time the football ended, the sale was over ! Did anyone notice the eventual sum achieved : Last time I checked it had touched £7,000. So far I've not been able to find any mention now the sale has ended. Please : Does Anyone Know ?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RoRoVw
11 years ago
It finished at £8000. 15 bids.
Jollychuffy
11 years ago
Thanks RoRoVw for the almost instant response ! I had anticipated a late flourish of bids that the apparent condition of the Oval seemed to merit especially in view of the incredible sale price earlier this week of the rusty (rotten ?) mini (Forgive Me Webmaster if that's a transgression ) reputably Number Seven production car, for a HAMMER price of £ 35,000 ! I think I know which I would prefer .......
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

Thanks RoRoVw for the almost instant response ! I had anticipated a late flourish of bids that the apparent condition of the Oval seemed to merit especially in view of the incredible sale price earlier this week of the rusty (rotten ?) mini (Forgive Me Webmaster if that's a transgression ) reputably Number Seven production car, for a HAMMER price of £ 35,000 ! I think I know which I would prefer .......

Jollychuffy wrote:

A mint Mini or a very rusty Beetle. I'd still take the Beetle:d
Hope to get an oval someday.
Cool Splitty. Reel Kool and called Peter.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
I know the car that sold on ebay. I met the owner and had a good look over it a couple of years ago. This was when the car was all one colour. It looks like it has had some work done to it since.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
onion
11 years ago
Alans car, just up the road from me. He had been offered £4500 for it, and thought this was a good price. i advised him to put it on ebay as good rhd cars are scarce. 4 NOS wings on it too, that he got from a main dealer for £25 ea.