11 years ago
One of the rarest cars there...

Less common than those Hebs or Oval Cabrios! :rofl:

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
11 years ago
A big thank you to all the organisers, it was a lovely event in a stunning setting, a nice crowd and a great turn out. I just wished it had been a little less disparate but that's the nature and size of the village which can't really allow for a more concentrated gathering I guess. Maybe next time, some streets could be closed off to have an avenue of cars parked in herringbone fashion like in HO, to link all show areas? The council might object though... Anyway, it was a lovely weekend and a big thank you to the skies for refraining from pissing down on saturday! :beer: :smile:
surrey67
11 years ago
"When I parked up at 8:45 a yellow '72 bug parked up next to me. When I asked the driver if she'd registered, she said "No, I'm just meeting someone here. The man on the gate told me to park over here". Who was that on the gate, and what was he on about? I had to tell her myself that she should go to the VW parking area!"

That would have been me , but in my defence it was the 1st time i have ever marshalled a event so a lesson learnt
im a split bus person myself , still learning about Beetles i did turn around a modified bus tho , so please do give some of us newbies a break , Thanks

1967 Westfalia SO42

i'd rather see VWs parked all around than a few modern vauxhalls or fords...and it was a shame not to see exclusive parking for VWs on the square...or it not being closed to 'normal' traffic

only the local grumps would have a problem with it, surely

RockStock wrote:

probably because if evry model of car had such right locals wood never get 2 park on what is apublic place:roll:
Cool Splitty. Reel Kool and called Peter.
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

As for the lowered & modified vehicles parking in the lower meadow - hear this - I specifically informed the organisers of the event about this about 10 minutes after these vehicles turned up! Why didn't they go to the meadow & boot them out?
Seriously, why didn't the organisers boot these people out?

Orby1 wrote:

i am surprised u had time 2 worry.Gr8 show i say
Cool Splitty
11 years ago

"When I parked up at 8:45 a yellow '72 bug parked up next to me. When I asked the driver if she'd registered, she said "No, I'm just meeting someone here. The man on the gate told me to park over here". Who was that on the gate, and what was he on about? I had to tell her myself that she should go to the VW parking area!"

That would have been me , but in my defence it was the 1st time i have ever marshalled a event so a lesson learnt
im a split bus person myself , still learning about Beetles i did turn around a modified bus tho , so please do give some of us newbies a break , Thanks

surrey67 wrote:

did here geezer say 1 beetle looks the same as the next:d
merchantrader
11 years ago

It's the old,run into a church shouting "tits,bum,willy" crowd again.

GKL 7 wrote:

"Back in the days" this and worse was said of anyone driving a car with competition numbers on it when not competing in an organised motor sport event. It virtually proved that they were not involved in motor sport as if reported they would loose their competition licence.
Now it is against the rules of most car and motorcycle sports clubs; much "cooler" to have just the white square.
cupa65
11 years ago
Hi

So a few "alternative" cars turned up, they were still VW's! Not like the VW/Seat show I once went to in Harrogate!

I had a brilliant time, drinking Cider with the very friendly locals. Looking at cars and generally just relaxing whilst walking around the square admiring the VW's of all ages..

I met a guy who had travelled from Glasgow, what a star! In that weather (RainX we love you!)

All in all well done to Malcolm, Barclay and the team. You all did a fab job!

Lets hope we can get in at the Hotel in 2016:d :d :d

Cool Splitty
11 years ago

Hi

So a few "alternative" cars turned up, they were still VW's!

cupa65 wrote:

exactly.No harm dun n they r stil old dubs to enjoy:smile:
rudolf hucker
11 years ago
Here is one in the square
rudolf hucker
11 years ago
Try again  Lavenham 009.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Lost64
11 years ago
Having only got home last night, I'm a bit late in posting. However I'd like to add my sincere thanks to everyone involved in the event. It was fabulous, brilliant, and every other adjective available. I met up with old friends, made many new ones, saw wonderful old VW's, and had a great time.
Having been involved in organising VW meetings in the past, I understand the work required. I hope that we will all be able to meet again in Lavenham, this was the best VW meeting I've been to in Britain.

(I even managed to get some parts for the '57!)

Thank you, and well done to everyone involved.

Gavin.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
11 years ago

Nice photos Rob as ever :thumbup: did i read some were that you shot some film footage ?????????????????????????????????

Andy W

AW wrote:

Might have done... :wink:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Top job Rob as always :thumbup: Just wish i could have made it to the show 😞

Andy W
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
One word: amazing.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagevw
11 years ago
We had a great week-end in Lavenham!
First time with the heb in UK, a new experience driving with a heb on the other side.:d
Hopefully we can come again for another Lavenham.
It was nice talking to all the people who are here on the forum, now I can put faces on names of some of the guys. :beer: :wink:
nobody knows there was a camping next to the field from an old lady who is 94 or 95
There was room for at least 50 campingplaces.:beer:
Hopefully everybody liked the Grimbergen beer? :d
We meet again for sure!
Congrats to the organisation.  030 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  012 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  022 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  013 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  024 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  046 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Orby1
11 years ago

surrey67 wrote:

Hey, no problem:smile: It was pretty nit-picky to mention it in what was a great day. It's nothing to do with not knowing beetles though - the yellow '72 obviously had no card & number in the window which is what I was told you were looking for on the gate. :smile: But as has been said, for a new show, you "newbies" did brilliantly, I was really impressed, and I'll gladly give you a break.:d
Generally, the marshalling was great, very friendly, and the whole show was so blimmen lovely anyway it more than made up for any tiny errors in organisation.
I'm seriously, already looking forward to the next one. I've been sat here at work looking at the Lavenham pics on my phone all day!
54 Gertie
11 years ago
Many thanks to everyone for all the hours of preparation and planning. It was another great show, in a great location. It's a real shame that it isn't feasible to have VWs 'take over' all the streets, not just the market place.

What about moving it to somewhere new? There must be somewhere in South-ish England that fits the bill? I know it would no longer be 'Lavenham', but it does rather appear to have outgrown what little space is available.

Taking over the whole of Covent Garden piazza for the day would be incredible, not sure how many people with cherished cars and original bumpers would relish the idea of driving right through central London? :rofl:
William
brille52
11 years ago
Work and a lot of " action " didn`t let me drive my VW since my trip to Lavenham - yesterday finally I took it out of my garage and the first thing I saw, was the sticker I got from Mr.R.Hucker : A BIG THANKS AGAIN for it - it always makes me remember an UNFORGETTABLE ride to one of the nicest places I have been with my VW ! Great show !! Fantastic people !
It makes me really proud to have that Lavenham 2012 sticker on my window ! WoW ! :smile:

Andreas F.  DSC07231.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
zelensis61
11 years ago
next time I will be there. Andreas, Servus, diesen wochenend ist am 18e das erste winkertreffen in Osterreich. I'll be there, und ich danke Roland fur einen lenkrad diesen tag. :d :beer:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective