Rich Oakley
11 years ago
I need the following (correct pressings) panel for my '59..
UserPostedImage

Any ideas?

Also need lower rear quarter repair panels (need top quality). Again any ideas folks?

Cheers,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
11 years ago
Contact Hooky.
Just because he doesn't list,doesn't mean he won't make.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Cheers George,

Ordered some other panels from him today, but he said he couldn't do these.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
11 years ago
Rich
Are you welding to keep or welding to sell?
Still can't believe this didn't fly off the shelf.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

Rich
Are you welding to keep or welding to sell?
Still can't believe this didn't fly off the shelf.

GKL 7 wrote:

Welding to keep. It won't be a 100-point welding job like Steve does, but it will be done right.
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Hi Rich,

Are these any good to you ? ...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=489466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20 

I'm not sure how this area changed over the years.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

Hi Rich,

Are these any good to you ? ...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=489466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20 

I'm not sure how this area changed over the years.

Kev wrote:

Hi Kev,

Cheers. I saw those on Mika's site. I am not sure how accurate they are for the later cars. He now does the inner part of the crossmember but Split-only with different pressings to the later cars.

Thanks.,
Rich.
Robb
11 years ago
Rich, give Gavin Jones @ Trailer Queen Restos, or Ben Lewis @ Evil Bens a call. they have and will make you these no probs. done some for a mates 56 oval recently.

:thumbup:
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

Rich, give Gavin Jones @ Trailer Queen Restos, or Ben Lewis @ Evil Bens a call. they have and will make you these no probs. done some for a mates 56 oval recently.

Robb wrote:

Cheers Rob. I spoke to Andy H about this today and the panels are a pain in the arse to make! I am now looking for a donor car in the US that the panels could be cut from.
Mika in Finland is looking to make these correct 56-64 parts, but not for a while.
Robb
11 years ago
if you find donor sections that have the original rear bumper mounts on, let me know as i need some for my 62, as the hooky ones arent quite correct.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

if you find donor sections that have the original rear bumper mounts on, let me know as i need some for my 62, as the hooky ones arent quite correct.

Robb wrote:

Will do. Still haven't heard back from him yet.
Robb
11 years ago
cool, thanks rich, hope to get rolling on my 62 next year, so trying to collect the final bits i need. who you asking in the US? Jullian?

you doing a body off? or just a tidy up? :thumbup:
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

cool, thanks rich, hope to get rolling on my 62 next year, so trying to collect the final bits i need. who you asking in the US? Jullian?

you doing a body off? or just a tidy up? :thumbup:

Robb wrote:

UserPostedImage
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Is this the 1st time thay have bean parted ?????

Andy W
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
:sleep:

Is this the 1st time thay have bean parted ?????

Andy W

AW wrote:

Yes. And overall it's not too bad!
Lost64
11 years ago
Hi Rich,

Steve Hook made me lower rear quarter sections with the 'flute' type holes for my '57. They're all that's available unless you manage to get a body cut from another car.

Hope you manage to get something sorted.

Gavin.
Robb
11 years ago

Hi Rich,

Steve Hook made me lower rear quarter sections with the 'flute' type holes for my '57. They're all that's available unless you manage to get a body cut from another car.

Hope you manage to get something sorted.

Gavin.

Lost64 wrote:

pics? :thumbup:
Robb
11 years ago

UserPostedImage

Rich Oakley wrote:

cool! any more pics? whos doing the work rich? your goodself?
andylham
11 years ago

Robb wrote:

just to get the right info out there,i made them for my 56 oval myself not evil bens :smile:

i forgot to tell you rich,be carefull when buying the donor rear crossmembers as there are 4 diffrent crossmembers for that shape! theres obviously pre 55 shape as you know,then theres 2 diffrent types for 56-59 the pressings by the two bolt holes for the chassis is diffrent and the heater tube are either welded in place or pressed into place,then theres 60 one yr only which has one bolt hole for the chassis.

make sure who ever does the welding braces the door gaps when cutting out that rear rusty section as your door gaps will change.
DBKUK
Robb
11 years ago
i meant Denz's oval Andy, as Gav made these. But i know its well within bens capability also :thumbup: