pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
11 years ago
Anyone replaced the semaphore boxes on a Heb?

:?:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
11 years ago
Original, The outer sheet is folded in under 90° angle. This for the 2 long sides as for the 2 short side. I have send you a pict to see it clear on your Pm.

Do you start with the sema box from a Fatpillar beetle or custom made boxes? The side is slightly rounded. The best thing I guess is to make a wooden block in the same rounded side to fit the body on the inside. In this block you make the slot. Cut the sheet metal and Secure the block with some vise grips so you can ply the flaps inside. Mabye a wooden block at the dimension of the opening can made to push in from the outside. No hammering , just folding. If yo:beer: u use a hammer....use a wooden or aluminum hammer. Not steel.Steel strech the metal to far.
:shock:
Hope this helps. Peter.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
11 years ago
Thanks Peter, I need to know if the strengthers need to be removed to get the boxes into the quarters. They're the later style boxes from Sascha.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
11 years ago
The side panels inside the trunk? Well, It certenly helps when they are out. You have more space to work from behind. If not...it can be a bit of a tight place.
Picts are on their way to UK ...

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb201
11 years ago
hello Rob yes i did, i have a metall mall to press the gap in the panel

you can borrow it if you want you need 2 boxes from the split an left side goes to the right side then you have the correct rounding. i have 2 boxes if you need them

Ruud