billy739
11 years ago
just a quick hello and a little story.

original intention was to build an early 60's baja so put the word out to see whats out there, an offer of a 57 big window came up at the top end of my budget , the only car i was offerd!

typically was told been stood for 10ish years , needs complete bottom 6 inches , no keys / no docs( good reason ,hopefully its true)

its not bad , played with over the years ,dosent need a full resto but does need a full commisioning!

did not intend to buy a early bug to restore , but the one i was offererd/ purchased turns out to be fairly good!

resisting the temtation to baja it at the moment:wink: and hopefully getting it back on the road!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
11 years ago
Welcome to the forum!

Post up some photos so we can have a look :thumbup:

Glad to hear that you're resisting the urge to Baja it, Baja bugs can be great fun - but do it to a 70's bug... :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Yes welcome to the forum billy 739. It would be nice to see some photos of your car as rob has said. I have an early 59 that is nearly ready for the road. It would be nice if you keep her standard :wink: . We need more late 50s bugs on the street :thumbup:

Andy W
billy739