dannycrouk
11 years ago
Hello, Is there anyone that can help? My beetle has been fully restored and I have had it back just a few months ago. Unfortunatly during the restoration the rear view mirror and visor has been lost. The company that restored it cannot locate it, so I have been left to source another. I am finding this very difficult as I want an original used part. The car is RHD and the mirror has one visor on the right side. This visor is made of brown clear plastic and has a aluminium trim. I have been told that these are a South African delux spec. I found one on german ebay, but apparently the LHD versions are not interchangeable. Is there anybody out there that can shed any more light on this subject. I have been in contact with a few companies and vwheritage has been the most helpful. I sense from them that this part is rare!!! I am not getting much help from the restorer so any help would be much appreciated.

Thankyou for reading my post,

Dan.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum.

The brown visor is a 1959-only part. The mirror is RHD-only and was the same from 1958-64. The mirrors come up for sale from time to time, the visors are very hard to find in good condition.

Do you have any pics of your car?

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1383049 
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
There is someting on Ebay No 181029733145 that might help.

Andy W