Amadeus71
2012-12-02T20:23:08Z
Hello i am new in this forum and im very happy find a place where can find people and information about old bugs

I ve a 1952 vw split sunroof for many years now im finishing the car and i dont find some parts

Front seats right and left
Footrest original split ones complete

And i would like to find a dobl carburator kit but im a litle confused about which is best option for the original engine Okrasa judson? Just doble carburator kit, which is best option to increase power arround 10 hp

I will apreciate so much if someone can help me to find these parts

Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
heb623
2012-12-03T16:14:37Z
Amadeus71 wrote:

And i would like to find a dobl carburator kit but im a litle confused about which is best option for the original engine Okrasa judson? Just doble carburator kit, which is best option to increase power arround 10 hp

Something like this?

:twisted: ET
heb623 attached the following image(s):

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
zelensis61
2012-12-03T20:14:04Z
AMADEUS, Welcome.
To achieve the original look of an Okrasa engine, your best deal is a Wolfsburg West replica okrasa kit. It is probably the cheapest also as you buy new cilinderheads, inlet , carbs and linkage. A second hand Okrasa is expensive and need probably a rebuild.

Or you can find someone that can make you 2 equal inlet manifolds that fits the split standard heads with 2 regular carbs from a split with smaller jets...Home made kit like ET
It also work if it is done correct.

@Et: how is the drive ?
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Amadeus71
2012-12-04T07:23:52Z
Hello Zelensis thanks alot for your help and ideas. My 52 split runs really well just that with original 16rims and non sincronitzet gearbox goes slowly when a hill comes and it seems that engine doesn't brief enought well . Just i would like to keep original look but with a litle more power and that engine admission goes better.

Thank alot
Amadeus71
2012-12-04T07:50:06Z
Hello wrote wrong what i do not find at all is pre52 running boards original or replica ones.
heb623
2012-12-04T08:07:23Z
Peter,
funny you ask but yesterday Francois of ABP (Aircooled Beetle Paradise) called me to say the engineworks to the Heb are finished!!:lol:
Seems to be that it is running great!!
The heb will be home this weekend than I will drive it myself (when the weather atleast allows!
Is it possible to wait that long?:oops:

:evil: ET

Amadeus/Jordi: Look here: https://restorationpanels.com/Products.php 
Amadeus71
2012-12-04T08:32:20Z
Hello Peter congratulations ve a Hebmuller is just one of most amaizings beetles ever produced!!! And most pretty of all!!!

Jordi
vintagevw
2012-12-04T08:40:57Z
heb623 wrote:

Something like this?

Looks great ET!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
heb623
2012-12-04T08:45:28Z
vintagevw wrote:

Looks great ET!

Thank you Pascal and now hoping it runs as good azs it looks!!:roll:

heb623
2012-12-04T08:51:35Z
Amadeus71 wrote:

Hello Peter congratulations ve a Hebmuller is just one of most amaizings beetles ever produced!!! And most pretty of all!!!

Houston we've got a problem!!!
Peter, the "new" Extra-Terrestrial!!!:omg:

:evil: ET

vintagevw
2013-01-30T21:48:11Z
Amadeus71 wrote:

Hello wrote wrong what i do not find at all is pre52 running boards original or replica ones.

Mika in Finland is making very nice replica runningboards.
I bought 2 sets from him and does exact look like my original one.
They are even stronger.:wink:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Hebster52
2013-02-01T11:26:57Z
vintagevw wrote:

Mika in Finland is making very nice replica runningboards.
I bought 2 sets from him and does exact look like my original one.
They are even stronger.:wink:

I agree.
Mika's split panels are super! I've bought several panels from him and have a few more already ordered. :)

www.restorationpanels.com/Products.php 

It was also Mika who made the runningboards for Grundmann's -38. 😉