Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
11 years ago
Anyone know of an local / european suppliers of the Gerson floorpans ?

Thinking I may save a bit on postage getting them sourced locally rather than direct from Gerson himself.

Cheers
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago

Anyone know of an local / european suppliers of the Gerson floorpans ?

Thinking I may save a bit on postage getting them sourced locally rather than direct from Gerson himself.

Cheers

Chris wrote:

Talking about it here:
https://forums.pre67vw.com/yaf_postst19064_gersons-heater-channels.aspx 
John.
ianmac
11 years ago
I bought one direct and thought the postage was reasonable..
Chris
  • Chris
11 years ago
Cheers for the replies :thumbup:

I had contacted Gerson direct and recieved his reply almost immediately. He quoted $750 for a pair of floorpans delivered to my door. IIRC I only paid $480 for my heater channels, and that was delivered too.

Just thought it seemed a tad expensive, so thought I may save a bit on postage if they were sourced locally.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
vintagebug
11 years ago
Musclebus used to sell Klassic Fab panels, but from their website it looks like they're not doing them any more. About 18 months ago they were selling Split Beetle floorpans for £225/side (or so it says on their website). Double that up and convert to USD and they'll be about $700 for a pair, which isn't far away from what Gerson's quoted you.

https://www.musclebus.co.uk/ 

I'm sure I read somewhere (maybe on The Samba?) that Gerson is increasing his prices. Can anyone confirm?
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago

Musclebus used to sell Klassic Fab panels, but from their website it looks like they're not doing them any more. About 18 months ago they were selling Split Beetle floorpans for £225/side (or so it says on their website). Double that up and convert to USD and they'll be about $700 for a pair, which isn't far away from what Gerson's quoted you.

https://www.musclebus.co.uk/ 

vintagebug wrote:

Sadly you also have to factor in the lottery that is UK import duty and vat which could add substantially to the total.:x

Isn't there a dealer on mainland Europe...at least that would take out the duty rip-offs.

John.
vintagebug
11 years ago
https://www.vwsplitparts.com/index.php 

Initially there appears to be quite a hefty mark-up in prices. Example- they advertise Gerson's Split Beetle front wings for 450 euros each (about £390). The Klassic Fab website has them for $385 (about £245). Seems quite a difference, but I guess you have to factor in the shipping costs, VAT & import duties from across the pond.
Then again, there'll be a shipping cost from the Netherlands to the UK...

Chris, if you contact vwsplitparts let us know the price for the floorpans, as they aren't advertised on their website.
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Chris
  • Chris
11 years ago
Ok, so I've bitten the bullet and decided to get a pair direct from Gerson himself. However, now I've placed the order he's asked if they are the same as split 'pans. Now I know they're different as the split 'pans are flat and the oval ones have a recess where the seat runners go.

Anyone know the date they were changed so I can make sure I get the right ones ? (That's if Gerson makes them for ovals :cry: )
51reutter
10 years ago
I was looking for an importer to EU and found this link vwsplitparts  hope it helps.

Instagram | @early_type