pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
10 years ago
As some have already noticed, I've done an upgrade on the forum. It's a pretty big update, although visually it looks very similar. The main reason for the upgrade was the anti-spam stuff the new version includes, but hopefully it'll fix other old issues like the double email notifications.

If anyone has any problems, please let me know and I'll take a look.

Thanks.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
10 years ago

As some have already noticed, I've done an upgrade on the forum. It's a pretty big update, although visually it looks very similar. The main reason for the upgrade was the anti-spam stuff the new version includes, but hopefully it'll fix other old issues like the double email notifications.

If anyone has any problems, please let me know and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by: pre67vw 

All the folders are showing the 'new post' flash with my viewing, even the really old ones?

What did you think of having real names or just 'first' names in the avatar area as I mentioned in the RT thread:?:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago
The settings are either 100 views or 10 replies for a topic to get 'hot' status.

I don't write the forum software although I can sometimes tweak it a bit, but generally if it's not an option available then it's not something I can do - and if I do change things, it's more and more work each upgrade as I then have to re-do any changes on the new version.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago
I don't think I'm getting any notifications now, is anyone else?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sunroof53
10 years ago
I posted on my 53 restoration thread last night but it says its a moderated forum and needs to be checked before it can be seen .Is this the case with every post ?.i suppose I will find out when I post this..
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Rob every time some one posts a message on a thread I am watching I get about eight 8 emails in my in box :omg:

Andy W
ianmac
10 years ago

I posted on my 53 restoration thread last night but it says its a moderated forum and needs to be checked before it can be seen .Is this the case with every post ?.i suppose I will find out when I post this..

Originally Posted by: Sunroof53 

I got this the other day, not sure why:?
GKL 7
10 years ago
I'm receiving 9 e-mails to notify me of posts in watched topics.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago

I got this the other day, not sure why:?

Originally Posted by: ianmac 

I think that's the spam detection, if you post very little text and a few links then it seems to pick it up as potential spam. Moderators can then either ok it or delete it. It's worked well for spam so far, but a few genuine posts get caught occasionally. Maybe we need a few more mods?

Rob every time some one posts a message on a thread I am watching I get about eight 8 emails in my in box :omg:
Andy W

Originally Posted by: AW 

Yep, me too. I thought that was supposed to be fixed in this release, I will look into it,
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Iam down to one email per thread now. I don't know if you have done anything Rob?

Andy W