pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
10 years ago
Thanks to Jim Dix on Facebook for these. :thumbup:

Anyone recognise/own any of these?  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago
More..  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago
:thumbup:  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago
:beer:  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Lost64
10 years ago
I wasn't there, but hopefully I can shed some light on some of the owners.

KLF 726 owned by Roger Beasley, who I think still has the car.

DSU 529 was owned by Keith Seume, and might be abroad now,(the car, not Keith).

JRC 41 still owned by Tony Broome.

TOL 660 owned by several folk on 'Pre67 VW', and still occasionally seen.

148 CHO owned by Charles Oldroyd, and still in regular use.

D242 PUX owned by Howard Cheese, and still regularly seen at events.

Anyone else know about the others?:?

Gavin.
Sunroof53
10 years ago
Wdw235 has been off the road since 1999 according to the dvla site.Xdd tax was due July 2012 so may still be in one piece.
JimB289
10 years ago
Hello,
Glad my photos have sparked some interest and it's great that so many are still owned by the same people or are at least still known.
All the best
Jim
Rich Oakley
10 years ago

I wasn't there, but hopefully I can shed some light on some of the owners.

KLF 726 owned by Roger Beasley, who I think still has the car.

DSU 529 was owned by Keith Seume, and might be abroad now,(the car, not Keith).

JRC 41 still owned by Tony Broome.

TOL 660 owned by several folk on 'Pre67 VW', and still occasionally seen.

148 CHO owned by Charles Oldroyd, and still in regular use.

D242 PUX owned by Howard Cheese, and still regularly seen at events.

Anyone else know about the others?:?

Gavin.

Originally Posted by: Lost64 

KLF 726 was sold by Roger a while back.

DSU 529 is now in Japan

TOL 660 is in Yorkshire
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Was DSU 529 on Top Gear Many years ago at Brands Hatch?

Andy W
GKL 7
10 years ago

KLF 726 was sold by Roger a while back.

Originally Posted by: Rich Oakley 

Has he sold it again Rich? Because he did get it back from Chris Clarke.

RoRoVw
10 years ago
490 FFR is the high roof 'Gown Van' owned at the time by Peter Nicholson from Lytham St. Annes. He later converted it to a camper. He no longer owns it. Peter is still about but doesn't own any VW's at present.

FNE 278D, the split screen camper, was owned at the time by Keith Taylor from the Manchester area. He no longer owns it but Keith still attends the shows and is currently restoring an oval.

712 NC is the magnificent Samba still owned by Alan Schofield of Glossop./

ERN 473E was the 1500cc Zenith blue car owned once again by Peter Nicholson. He sold the car to Alf Lilley who later sold it again. The car hasn't been seen for years now and may be overseas. In the photograph Peter is stood behind the car (wearing a cap) and is talking to Roy Worsley. Surprisingly I am the guy at the front for some reason paying close attention to the spot light!!

DSU 529 was indeed eventually owned by Keith Seume but was in this photo owned by Roy Worsley of Worsley, Lancs. (see above) and this was probably its first outing after restoration. Roy is still about but his main interest was in early MG's for which he was extremely skilled in building ash framed bodies.

TOL 660 was at this time owned by Dave Hammond from the Leics & Warks club. Dave still helps out with admin at Stanford Hall but had to sell the car due to ill health. I've been a previous owner but it's now owned by Russ Cartwright from Bradford and was at Hessisch Oldendorf and Wolfsburg this summer.

Cheers,
Rob.
Mike Peckham
10 years ago

ERN 473E was the 1500cc Zenith blue car owned once again by Peter Nicholson.... ...Surprisingly I am the guy at the front for some reason paying close attention to the spot light!!

Originally Posted by: RoRoVw 

In the same photograph I think is me standing behind the car looking to the right and I'm pretty sure that's Sean Geddes on the right talking to the chap in the cap!

Sean and I would have driven up to Stanford Hall in 1988 in his Clementine 1600 Variant. The Variant was later written off whilst it was parked on the Southbank in London...

Mike 😎
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
RoRoVw
10 years ago
Amazing who turns up in old photos!!
Thinking about that day a little more, I must have been judging that particular class in the Concours and hence examining the chromework in detail!

Rob.
PK56
10 years ago
"ERN 473E was the 1500cc Zenith blue car owned once again by Peter Nicholson. He sold the car to Alf Lilley who later sold it again. The car hasn't been seen for years now and may be overseas. In the photograph Peter is stood behind the car (wearing a cap) and is talking to Roy Worsley. Surprisingly I am the guy at the front for some reason paying close attention to the spot light!!"

I think you'll find Ernie is now living in Ireland and has done so for a number of years.