SilverDoc
10 years ago
Hi all.I'm was hoping you could clear up a mystery for me, as I'm new to Bugs. I've been looking at a'65 Bug to buy, and the owner had me look at the doors and see if I noticed anything different, which I didn't. So he pointed out to me that the rear of both door window frames are slanted forward at the top. I looked at a couple dozen other '65's on line, and they were all squared off. Is this car actually a '65? The owner thinks that his car may unique. Is he correct in his thinking, or does he really have an uncommon model? Just curious.

Thanks!
Doc
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
10 years ago
Hi, Welcome to pre67vw.
It sound like it's been modified to me.
All beetle doors are the same basic shape, with a straight rear vertical edge and right angle corner at the top and a round inner corner around the rear of the glass. I'm guessing you didn't take a picture you can post here?

Malc
SilverDoc
10 years ago

Hi, Welcome to pre67vw.
It sound like it's been modified to me.
All beetle doors are the same basic shape, with a straight rear vertical edge and right angle corner at the top and a round inner corner around the rear of the glass. I'm guessing you didn't take a picture you can post here?

Malc

Originally Posted by: six-o-one 

Thanks for the welcome and info! No, sure didn't. I didn't think about it at the time. But here's a picture that was in the guy's ad. It's a crappy pic I know, but hopefully you can see the door frames good enough.

Thanks again!
Dave

[img]UserPostedImage [/img]
six-o-one
10 years ago
Hi Dave,
Definitely not a rare model, just modified I'm afraid!
There are a few around like that over here. A popular mod back in the day.

M
SilverDoc
10 years ago

Hi Dave,
Definitely not a rare model, just modified I'm afraid!
There are a few around like that over here. A popular mod back in the day.

M

Originally Posted by: six-o-one 

That's cool. I wasn't too concerned about whether it was rare. Thanks for your input!

Dave