SilverDoc
9 years ago
Hi all.I'm was hoping you could clear up a mystery for me, as I'm new to Bugs. I've been looking at a'65 Bug to buy, and the owner had me look at the doors and see if I noticed anything different, which I didn't. So he pointed out to me that the rear of both door window frames are slanted forward at the top. I looked at a couple dozen other '65's on line, and they were all squared off. Is this car actually a '65? The owner thinks that his car may unique. Is he correct in his thinking, or does he really have an uncommon model? Just curious.

Thanks!
Doc
Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
six-o-one
9 years ago
Hi, Welcome to pre67vw.
It sound like it's been modified to me.
All beetle doors are the same basic shape, with a straight rear vertical edge and right angle corner at the top and a round inner corner around the rear of the glass. I'm guessing you didn't take a picture you can post here?

Malc
SilverDoc
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: six-o-one 

Hi, Welcome to pre67vw.
It sound like it's been modified to me.
All beetle doors are the same basic shape, with a straight rear vertical edge and right angle corner at the top and a round inner corner around the rear of the glass. I'm guessing you didn't take a picture you can post here?

Malc

Thanks for the welcome and info! No, sure didn't. I didn't think about it at the time. But here's a picture that was in the guy's ad. It's a crappy pic I know, but hopefully you can see the door frames good enough.

Thanks again!
Dave

[img]UserPostedImage [/img]
six-o-one
9 years ago
Hi Dave,
Definitely not a rare model, just modified I'm afraid!
There are a few around like that over here. A popular mod back in the day.

M
SilverDoc
9 years ago
Originally Posted by: six-o-one 

Hi Dave,
Definitely not a rare model, just modified I'm afraid!
There are a few around like that over here. A popular mod back in the day.

M

That's cool. I wasn't too concerned about whether it was rare. Thanks for your input!

Dave