AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
9 years ago
I was at a classic car show last night when some one was talking about pre 1985 cars were going to become tax and MOT exempt to fall in to line with EU regs. Has any one heard anything ??

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RoRoVw
9 years ago
That sounds very unlikely. The pre 1960 MOT exemption was introduced because an EU Directive allowed member states make that exemption and the UK simply brought itself into line.
Cheers,
Rob.
Rattletrap
9 years ago
Yes it is most certainly under consideration, and like most things is an EU ruling. Discussions are underway, and if it goes ahead 2017 is the planned year of introduction. This is for MOT exemption only. Tax exemption will continue as a 40-year old roll on system

Given that post 1970s cars get rather complicated in nature, I'm not sure it would be a good thing to have such cars MOT exempt and so unchecked by a qualified person.:?
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
9 years ago
looks like there is an article in Classic car weekly about cars over 30 years old. Have not seen a copy any one on the site read it ???

Andy W.

There is an item in the web site classic cars for sale.co.uk
Old Blue
9 years ago

looks like there is an article in Classic car weekly about cars over 30 years old. Have not seen a copy any one on the site read it ???

Andy W.

There is an item in the web site classic cars for sale.co.uk

Originally Posted by: AW 

I glanced a copy in the local newsagent, and according to their article a pre1984 MOT exemption is under consultation. Tax exemption for such was not mentioned though.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!