510wfm
9 years ago
Hi

I am aware that the later bonnet badges had a black ring around them and the early ones didn't, however is it the same badge without the paint?

I am trying to source the correct metal one for my 61 but am not 100% sure what it should look like! Whenever I ask people/parts suppliers for one they show me the black one and when I say that not right they agree with me! Does anyone have a picture of the correct one? Or even better one for sale? I am not interested in the cheap plastic replacements....

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
9 years ago
The 1961/early 1962 models have a unique badge. It is the same as the earlier 4-tab badge used from 1953-60, but with a plastic insert underneath with three holes for fixing to the bonnet. They are quite hard to find, but I think I have a spare one if you're interested.

These are totally different to the 1962 and later badges.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
510wfm
9 years ago

The 1961/early 1962 models have a unique badge. It is the same as the earlier 4-tab badge used from 1953-60, but with a plastic insert underneath with three holes for fixing to the bonnet. They are quite hard to find, but I think I have a spare one if you're interested.

These are totally different to the 1962 and later badges.

Originally Posted by: Rich Oakley 

Hi Rich

Thanks, yes would be intrested, I have just tried to PM you but it's says your inbox is full

Thanks
Rich Oakley
9 years ago

Hi Rich

Thanks, yes would be intrested, I have just tried to PM you but it's says your inbox is full

Thanks

Originally Posted by: 510wfm 

Oops. Please drop me an email: [email protected]

Cheers,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.