pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
a year ago
The Aussie Monster 1956 RHD VW coachbuilt 

the advert says this:
You are looking at what is probably the ugliest 50s/60s Volkswagen coachbuilt ever, built over a 1956 Type 1 pan and driven by a 1959 30hp engine. Has been assembled in early 60s in Australia and exported to Europe in 1969, where it was never actually used except for one trip to Germany and back to Modena. 
4 seater. 
Rear window is actually a bug windscreen, complete with both wipers (!!) 
Still wearing "Made in Australia" tires and spark plugs, showing that european use has been very limited. Solid pan, solid METAL body, needs a complete restoration or could turn into your best project for next season's shows. Located in Milano, Italy, no title, will be sold with an invoice on VIN.

I kinda like it! If I had the money I’d definitely go for it. Imagine it restored, maybe in Silver, with a number on it like it’s ready to race at Goodwood. Oldspeed engine in it. Very cool car!!

IMG_9108.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9110.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9111.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9109.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9107.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9112.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9113.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9115.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_9114.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
TRS63
a year ago
I just love it and was already in contact with the seller, but fundings are limited (due to the ghia project) and more than that, homologation/papers are quite uncertain for it in Germany..but still hesitating, it looks so cool!

Antoine