zelensis61
17 years ago
Hey , A naked romy. 😎
The story on this one is that it is all sprankling new shell..
Hand made in Germany after 2001 :shock: ???
 8312.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
17 years ago
I found this one in my stash...
I took it in the early 90s somewhere in Europe at a major meeting ....

I hope the owner does not mind I put it here.. :oops:
It looked good at that point but now she is looking way better....

Greetings.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
17 years ago
I found this one in my stash...
I took it in the early 90s somewhere in Europe at a major meeting ....

I hope the owner does not mind I put it here.. :oops:
It looked good at that point but now she is looking way better....

Greetings.
 8315.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
vintagevw
17 years ago
I was there too in Jablines!
I've met Blue Nelson during his tour around the world at VW-Euro in Holland several years ago, he wanted to buy my 55 oval and was also once in Hessisch.
He's a nice guy to talk with.
If you met him ever say Hello!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
pre67vw
17 years ago
Another one...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vintagevw
17 years ago
Not a car but....  8465.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
jof
16 years ago

And for the clever guy's... What is this ? UserPostedImage
Greetings

"zelensis61" wrote:

Did we solve that already?

Yesterday I met a friend who worked at Rometsch from '58 to '61 and we were talking about this car. He had 3 pictures of this car in his album from back then.

The picture zelensis posted is the same as in my friends album, see here (I photographed right from his old album):

UserPostedImage

And here is a picture from the front - it looks somewhat like the Opel P2:

UserPostedImage

Anybody know what happened to the car? My friend said that Kaulmann was driving it for a while...?!

Regards Jörg
Andy Sparks
16 years ago

Another pic I've found...

"six-o-one" wrote:

Is that somthing that KISS did? :lol:
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Bjoern
16 years ago
The picture shows a Rometsch which is based on a FIAT 1500 or 2300. It was the onlyone built just before the east german guverment closed the borders in 1961. Christian has got the original prototype-modell and some original rear windows for this car. Another Rimetsch based on an old Fiat exist in western germany close to Dortmund. I have seen it a few years ago at a vintage car show in this area.
zelensis61
16 years ago
Does these pict come from a fellow named Peter????

I received them from a guy named peter ( not me ) and I found him trough a hebmuller search on the Gute fahrt mags..from the 50s.

Nice man to send me those picts.
It is indeed a Fiat based rometsch but that was the only thing I know about the car.
Thanks Bjorn for the info. Did you get my mail about the unknown Heb?

Greetings. Peter.( the other one with the zelensis)
jof
16 years ago

Does these pict come from a fellow named Peter?

"zelensis61" wrote:

My friend's name is Baldur. Since he has 3 pictures of this car in his photo album and others have the same pictures I suppose it is an "official Rometsch picture" which was given out to several people.

He has two more pictures of himself working at Rometsch bumpers in the year 1960 at the age of 18, and he has a lot of stories to tell from back then. Fascinating!

And yes, it is a Fiat. When I got it right it is based on a Fiat 1100 TV (but I have to ask my friend again). I wonder what happened to it. Actually driven by Günther Kaulmann?

Regards Jörg

Oh, and back to the topic - did we have this one before?
 11827.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
overrestored
16 years ago
here is another Fiat Rometsch  11839.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
protect me from what I want
overrestored
16 years ago
artist's rendering  11840.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
overrestored
16 years ago
Fritz Rometsch and Peter Laabs... Peter is the tall one! Peter sent me this shot. He worked at Rometsch in the 1950's.  11841.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
overrestored
16 years ago
Fritz Rometsch and his BMW... another photo given to me by Peter Laabs.  11842.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
SplitPersonality
16 years ago
Here is a not so pretty picture of the wonderful Beeskow... A real-life cut-away detail of the heater channel of my '56 Beeskow. Quite complex, yet immaculately strong design. All based on a press-break and simple shapes...  11875.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
SplitPersonality
16 years ago
I am not sure if this has been posted. Nice mid-size-window Coupe when new.  11876.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Tina
16 years ago
shit

and now Fritz passed away.........................
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er