mrsherbie
18 years ago
Please call the police if you hear anything about this bus or see it anywhere. Or take a good close look at ANY '57 Samba you see anywhere. They are not common!

I have just received this email from a customer here at Karmann Konnection, if anyone does have, or get any info I can pass it on !

Hi Julian,

Just a note to ask you if you could keep an ear out for anything on my 23 window that you got those TMI panels etc for. It was stolen on friday night from Islington.

It was Porsche silver at that point, although it is probably changing colour as I write. It is an early 1957 bus, LHD, with an 80 percent finished camping interior. I think you probably saw it on trips over to Harry Harpic's, but it has a 2.4 type 4 installed with a 911 dogleg five speed box, discs all round etc. The baulkhead had been modified to allow a large toroidal LPG tank to fit behind the driver's seat.

Anyhow, would be very grateful if you could let me know if you hear / see anything - or are offered a 23 window, if they are really dumb!

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one