51reutter
16 years ago
Hi all,

I would like to make my inscription for the meeting, need more details, does anyone know of any news :?:

Thanks

Joao

PORTUGAL
Instagram | @early_type
Dubster
16 years ago
Hello everyone,

I've very keen to attend the Lavenham show in June, but ideally we would like to camp with the car, a quick search on Google doesn't reveal any campsites directly in the Lavenham area, only neighboring towns.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Richard
December 1966 UK 1500 Beetle
Batton
16 years ago
Is the Lavenham Show still happening. The latest news on the show website is dated March 2007 and the registrations were supposed to start in June 2007.
Does anyone out there know what is/isn't happening?
51reutter
16 years ago
That's extactly what I am also trying to figure out!!!

I'm traveling from Portugal with my '55 oval and I need to prepare my trip.

Hello??!!
Instagram | @early_type
pre67vw
16 years ago
Lavenham registration is open

https://www.pre67vw.com/lavenham/register.asp 

😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
I'm hoping that I will be at Lavenham mit Oval, partner, 15yr old dub fanatical son and a well behaved dog.

Our dog is a Weimaraner so, being unmodified and of German heritage (and aircooled too), I know he will be accepted without a problem. 🙂 The Ts&Cs mention driver plus guest so I'm concerned for the folks I'll be leaving stood alone outside on Saturday night unable to get in with me 'the driver'!

Seriously though, we plan on camping at the suggested campsite for the weekend. Given that the VW thing for us is a whole-family affair, I want to understand how much of the event we'll be missing by passing up on the Saturday buffet - comments/opinions welcome (please).

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
six-o-one
16 years ago
Hi Andrew,
The current situation is we have 176 people in total registered so the evening function should be busy! We're still working on the details but plans include live music, a DJ and plenty of food!

The capacity of the town square is around 90-100 vehicles so we are investigating other areas close by to display vehicles. So if you do register, you won't appear on the list until people decide to drop out or don't pay!

If you would like to come along please register and we'll get in touch as soon as a space becomes available.

Malc 😃
vintagevw
15 years ago
See you all this week-end! :d
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

See you all this week-end! :d

vintagevw wrote:

Please say you're taking your Zwitter cabrio, I'd love to see that car in the flesh! :d
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
stanley
15 years ago
are dogs allowed in and will there be anyone there who can carry out an agreed valuation report on a 1974 bay panel van?
GKL 7
15 years ago

a 1974 bay panel van?

stanley wrote:

:roll:
48REME
15 years ago
I think it's the dogs who are driving the van and they didn't understand the rules of the show...:d
mrsherbie
15 years ago

are dogs allowed in and will there be anyone there who can carry out an agreed valuation report on a 1974 bay panel van?

stanley wrote:

You need a valuation done by a club or association recognised by insurance companies, I would suggest the T2 Owners Club, and I have just discovered that they now have their own forum:

https://www.vwt2oc.com/Forum/forums.aspx 

You ignore the naughty boys above 😳 :lol:

I am purely guessing but I dont think there will be anyone at this particular show ( which is all pre67) who can do you a Bay window valuation.
:d

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stanley
15 years ago
thanks, i was hoping to go in my bone stock 6v 1200cc 65 bug but i've ran out of time to get it mot'd

if they are against me going in my van then i could bring the girlfriends mini instead 😳
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Hope you all have a superb show, weather is going to be great! I am stuck at home ill, Owen is knee deep in porsche engines, too busy to pack a van to trade, so we are'nt going now, might pop round to VW Expo ( local) on Sunday if I feel better if anyone is going on there, will be in our tatty red samba if we go.
GO stock VWs!
:d :beer: :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
RockStock
15 years ago
Well, top little show. Thanks guys
TOP location, well run, chilled atmosphere, some ace cars, great weather

Post those photos up!
StockRocks
brille52
15 years ago
I couldn`t do it to the show !
I am there with my thoughts and my heart !
All the Best from Italy and I can`t wait to see some pics ! As RockStock said : post those photos up !

a8)
pre67vw
15 years ago

Post those photos up!

RockStock wrote:

Lavenham Vintage VW Photos 2008 

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
RockStock
15 years ago
mispost
StockRocks
Jules
15 years ago

Looks like a perfect weekend and from what I have heard it was, well done to all!
Some fantastic shots in there Rob, I particually like these....

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage