Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
Greetings everyone 😃

I have been chatting with Rob and he suggested that I inform everyone here on the forum about my Silver 1966 VW Beetle Sedan. It is currently being featured in the July 2004, U.S. edition, of VW Trends magazine.

Since I cannot post any of their photo's or articles here I can only tell you where to look; if it is possible for you to get a copy of this magazine. The first photo appears on page 52 which shows three bugs, my 1966 and my friend Tim's restored 1952 and 1955 beetles. Tim's bugs are featured on pages 53 through 57. The feature of my bug is on pages 58 & 59. The article is titled "Kentucky Derby, 36 Horses and a Daily Ride".

I will say that it is an honor to have my bug featured in VW Trends magazine. You go out and find a bug that can be brought back to life, put your heart and soul into it and then get this kind of result is really - - WOW. I hope that everyone that gets the chance to see the article enjoys what they see. I'm ticled. By the way, I was so busy (taking my own photo's) that I forgot to put the swamp cooler on the car before he took the photo's.

Larry 😃
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
19 years ago
this is the correct path for your image:
https://users.adelphia.net/~buggybumper13/images/Shot%20from%20ladder.JPG 

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
This photograph was taken by me during the actually VW Trends photo shoot. I did not have a wide angle lens at the time so that is why a portion of the 1955 bug is off of the picture.

Larry 🙂
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
OK, here goes.

This photo is at a slightly different angle showing more of the "house".
This shows a better view of the "house" 

Now lets see if I did it. If the photo is there - Many Thanks Rob.

Larry
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
Do not use that. I did something wrong.
pre67vw
19 years ago
You just missed off the .JPG at the end, thats all. Also, if you click the Img button instead of the URL button, then it will put the image right in the post.

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
OK, I was thinking about that will eating dinner.
UserPostedImage

This is at a slightly different angle.
Larry
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
I just hope the readers don't get board with me trying to do this.
UserPostedImage

Now for a look.
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
I picked a photo that has a single name to it.
UserPostedImage

This will be the last post here. If this photo did not make it I will create a new post called "Practice". That way anyone that is learning to this can go there and practice, therefore not bothering everyone else.

Larry
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
19 years ago
With Rob's assistance I am now able to post photo's.

By starting the "PRACTICE" post, in General Chat, anyone that needs to litterly practice can now have plenty of room to go for it.

Here is a photo, at another angle, showing my silver 1966 bug. We were all surprised when the owner of this property called it his "house".

Hope you enjoy the photo.
UserPostedImage

Larry