Standard split
17 years ago
Why is there a picture of my cat on this forum? :shock:

The car next to him looks interesting – its a rare RHD '56 STANDARD model Oval, with a lovely full crash box, cable brakes, wing-nut bolt-down seats and very little else. Real fun and skill to drive, (double de-clutch of course), if you like pre-war style motoring! It even has the original 1956 UK log book and registration number 😃

The owner considered letting it go in p/x for a late 40s Split. Thank goodness this didn't happen, this very rare UK from new car might have ended up being exported! :twisted:

For me, a Standard Oval is certainly the next best Volkswagen to a Standard Split. There are just so many DeLuxe models around, more DeLuxe Ovals than '70s Beetles in a few years I think. 😶

Only a Standard Model is the true Peoples Car! 😎
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
17 years ago
Well I guess the owner did the right thing not to let go of his RHD oval for something as low as a 40s beetle. This would have been desperate. So all is well that ends well and everyone's happy then!
😃
Standard split
17 years ago
He kept his RHD STANDARD Oval, not jut a RHD Oval :!:

A RHD Standard Oval seems to be as rare as a late 40's Split, (a UK from new does for sure!) :wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
six-o-one
17 years ago

Hey Everyone,I'm new to this forum but have been into VW's for a while I'm currrently in the process of buying a nice Oval window and was wondering if anyone knew how many were actually shipped into the United States as standard beetles. also where can I find info on putting this standard back to original, I'm thinking it still has the original motoor and all. Any help would be great..

"65microdelux" wrote:

I wonder if 65microdelux, who started this thread actually got his std oval?