SplittyDownUnder
17 years ago
Regretfully we are selling our much loved '57 Combi (yes, with a C)

We are in Australia but willing to help with the transport arrangements it the right buyer comes along from the UK.

As an ex pat I know that she will be treasured by one of the many VW enthusiests and thought it only fair to offer her up the motherland before commiting to a sale here in Aus.

Details:

The interior and mechanics are in very good condition however the body is showing its age and needs some attention.

We bought it off the second owner 10 years ago, previously he had bought it of a friend of his who had used it as a bread delivery van in Melbourne for one year, before he needed to upgrade to a bigger vehicle.

Harry, who sold it to us, only ever drove it when he needed to haul things which wouldn't fit into his car. When he sold it to us there was only 130,000 miles on the clock and it was still running on 6 volt electrics and a tiny engine (mostly original and which we still have - and are happy to sell with the van).

We have replaced the engine with a reconditioned beetle one and fitted out the interior. It has only been over the past couple of years that the exterior has started showing significant signs of weathering. Still concidering that it will turn 50 next year, I suppose that it is to be expected.

Anybody interested should get in touch with us via e-mail and we will forward a phone number that way.

Plenty more photos available.

Feedback, tips on making a sale in the UK etc. more than welcome
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
aussie64
17 years ago
noice one
i know of a few people in oz hunting your number ask i type

you blokes better hurry if you want it to return to the MOTHER land

UserPostedImage
Dak Dak Dak
Come check out my local VW club site