48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Could be an interesting little car, this black 1958 Standard.
Shame that chrome strips and badge were added. I also wonder if black was a factory colour for 1958 Standards...
They're asking a handsome 5500 euros.
Nicolas.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
And a pic of the headlining...  5856.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
I think my '58 std may cost me a bit more than that, by the time its finished! :shock:
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Yes but I think yours will be more unique, being RHD.
Any progress yet?
six-o-one
17 years ago
Just collecting some 'bits' for it as and when they come up.

Got a camper to finish first before any major work can start.

Malc  5860.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
17 years ago
There's at least one other RHD Standard '58 in the UK, grey of course. :wink:

This wonderful car even had the plain grey slab style rexine seats, and no trim anywhere, not even that awful chrome strip on the dash!

Used to belong to Paula Rowe. She sold the car on and left the VW scene.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
six-o-one
17 years ago
Nicolas reckons that one became a roof-chopped drag car! :?

Do you know any more about it's current whereabouts? :?
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
I know exactly where it is but considering the damage that's been inflicted upon it and the fact that it sleeps - unfinished - outside under a pile of rusty bits and pieces, I think it would cast a shadow upon its owner and related business.
So I won't say :cry:
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Of course, John remembers it from when it was Paula's, as I first saw it too. It was perfectly sound, in yellow primer externally, and just needed to be finished.
I'll post a pic next week...
six-o-one
17 years ago
Do you think they night still have some parts which would help me to restore mine?
:roll:
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
As promised, here are a few (bad) pics of the other 58 RHD Standard known to have survived.  6708.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
The dash, with added incorrect trim ring around the speedo.  6709.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Another view of the interior. (Was) such a nice car, original vinyl seats, door panels and headlining. :cry:  6710.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Malcolm, I am emailing you... :wink:
Standard split
17 years ago
I'm horrified :!:

I do know where this car went – but I won't be having any dealings there 😞
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Yes but these pics are as the car was...You ain't seen what it's like now!
You would cry!
On a happier note, this is a lovely Dutch 58 Standard which I photographed in Bad Camberg in 1999. :wink:  6715.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
17 years ago
Well, I thought it looked a little sad when Paula had it, though she had her best intentions to restore it and spent much time and money on it.

It is a great shame that butchery should befall a car such as this.

These late Standards are very under valued, and for me much more attractive than their Deluxe sisters :wink:
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Well you see, we can agree on some things then! 😃
six-o-one
17 years ago

Malcolm, I am emailing you... :wink:

"48REME" wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'll have to get in touch and find out what's left and what their plans are, if any!

:wink: