Jules
17 years ago
I remember that car, it was restored in Wakering which is around 5 miles from KK, we supplied many parts for it.

Wolfsburg West used a great picture of the car on the front of their catalogue, it was taken before the restoration and before it came to the UK.

If I remember correctly it was featured in Volksworld, and the pictures were taken by the late Rob Miller.

Bjoern
17 years ago
...a few years ago about this car. It was a CCG of 1945 / 1946. The car was found in Athena and belongs to a member of the Onassis family. On the pictures, the car looks very good, nice and original.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago

i know of a RHD 1946 with 1 owner from new sat in someones garden, oh and he has 2 more sat in storage that he paid £12.00 for in 1981,

i think this maybe the oldest original rhd in the uk

"mooney3019" wrote:

Those will be Alan Norgove's 'mythical' Beetles then in Earlswood near Stratford-on-Avon?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago

...a few years ago about this car. It was a CCG of 1945 / 1946. The car was found in Athena and belongs to a member of the Onassis family. On the pictures, the car looks very good, nice and original.

"Bjoern" wrote:

The story here was that the car had been in constant use from 1945 until 1989 when it was discovered in Athens. Amazing!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Andy Sparks
17 years ago

There was a Kdf restored in London 5 or so years ago.
The owner was Greek,it was returned to Greece on completion.
The small picture in Volksworld was taken by someone who just happened to be driving by, when the Kdf first saw the light of day after completion,it was outside the restorers workshop.
Your memory serves you correctly Andy. 😃

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Cheers mate, glad i'n not going bananas, well not that much.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂