Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
My friend Christian found a cool, small roundabout with WIKING Cars in Scale 1 : 40 at the Mannheim Swap Meet. This roundabout was small display in the 1960s for Volkswagen dealers. I remember, that there is the same in Great Britain, I read an article about this in an old issue of the Volksword Magazine. But which issue was it? Does anybody have pictures of it? Questions over questions...

Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
17 years ago
When I saw the title "VW Roundabout" I thought for a minute you were talking about my VW Club! :wink:

There are thousands of roundabouts in Milton Keynes UK and quite a few VWs as well!

Roundabout VW Club... 

Can you get a picture of the VW Roundabout Christian found?
I'm sure my friends in the roundabout city would like to see it!

six-o-one

😃
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
17 years ago
I am sorry, that I have no pics at this moment. But it looks a little bit like this

UserPostedImage

Jules
17 years ago

I remember, that there is the same in Great Britain, I read an article about this in an old issue of the Volksword Magazine. But which issue was it? Does anybody have pictures of it?

"Bjoern" wrote:

Ivan has a VW Bus Roundabout, it is very very cool! It's a plastic VW promotional item, I remember going to his house and seeing it for real. I can probably find a picture of it, i'll try. I seem to remember seeing a picture of it on the back of a book, maybe Original VW Bus by Lawrence Meridith?
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
I can remember reading about it. Can't remember which issue it was featured in, but it is now owned by Ivan McCutcheon (Volksworld editor).
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
Julian beat me to it! :lol:

....by 6 seconds!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
17 years ago
....Volksworld Magazine, issue 1 / 99. Thanks @ all for our help!
brille52
17 years ago
W O W :!: :!:

NEVER seen something like that !! Simply Wonderful !!!!

andreas 😎
Bjoern
  • Bjoern
17 years ago
Here is the picture of Christian's roundabout. Note the original carpets behind the toy cars. We think, that some of the wiking-cars are not the same, which were placed there when it was new. Maybe, the Volkswagen dealer put them on displey, when the new Volkswagen modells came on the marked.  6924.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.