RAY
  • RAY
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
Hi everyone,
Just restoring a '58 Beetle and need some parts for it, i.e., torsion bar covers (are they really £20+ each?), tail light rubbers, accelerater cable, popes nose rubber, a boss to fit a Banjo steering wheel, we have also got an EMPI camber conpensator, which is in need of some new straps. Could anybody point me in the right direction please, as to a good place to sort most of these parts, plus others.
Any advice would be much appreciated and thanks in anticipation.
RAY & MAGGIE
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Well ring Karmann Konnection and ask for Julian for the Banjo wheel boss(not on a Satuday) I doubt you will get that from anyone else in UK who sells general parts.
I expect he can help you with most of your difficult parts. Try VW Heritage or StatusVW for the general stuff though sometimes KK can come up cheaper if you buy a lot. I dont use anyone else cheaper to suggest.
I am a bit of a lazy shopper :lol:
:D
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Chris
17 years ago

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Any other reason you use them... :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
48REME
17 years ago
For rubbers, you will get these at Status VW. Ask for Barclay, very helpful and friendly. I don't know the web address but a google search will point you in the right direction... :wink:
48REME
17 years ago
For rubbers, you will get these at Status VW. Ask for Barclay, very helpful and friendly. I don't know the web address but a google search will point you in the right direction... :wink:
mrsherbie
17 years ago

"SDV" wrote:

Any other reason you use them... :wink:

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Yep, I only buy things from nice boys I like 😃 :wink:
People in the vw world who are horrid and nasty dont get any of my pennies :lol:
Does a banjo wheel even have a seperate boss?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann