pre67vw
17 years ago

😞

"48REME" wrote:

I can only guess that the image is a bit too big, either try reducing the size a little or email it over and I'll have a look.

Sorry :oops:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
aircooled
17 years ago
What a great looking standard!! Congradulations on a super find!! Do you have any pictures of the engine?
48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Thanks Rob. It's my computer which is being funny with pics!
They were huge files and I'll work on them on another computer tomorrow.
I do have a picture of the engine and I will post it tomorrow.
I have received confirmation from the museum that my car should, in their opinion, have green hubcaps and bumpers.
I find it hard to believe, I must say. I just can't imagine window winders or engine decklid handle in green!
Does anyone have pics of factory-painted handles (not Pearl Grey items for splits, I know about these...) in unusual colours?
In the meantime, Malcolm's first rendition seems to be the winner out of all options! 😃
Slight mistake: I thought the BBT square-window was sold. I didn't know it had come back on the market... :oops:
Standard split
17 years ago
Hey guys, I buy cars more to collect than use, they're a bit like art to me.

I just consider shiny cars less attractive, and as much as I like Standards, I don't find those with a rag top so nice to view, the rag does without doubt spoil those great curves, as to be honest, does the larger windscreen of the post oval cars.

I'm sure the open top's great when driving in the summer :?
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Let's see if this works...  7843.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
...and this...  7844.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
...and with new paint...  7845.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
dash...  7846.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
engine ...  7847.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
17 years ago
Could this be another reseda green standard?? :shock:

7850.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Wow, where did you dig this out of? More please... :shock:
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Of course! I forgot about that one....I'll ask Mikko about the original colour... 😃
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
I don't think it could be a genuine L14 Reseda Green car because that colour was no longer available in the range offered for 1963.
six-o-one
Gaynor
17 years ago
Hi,

Ive got a square window standard with a ragtop ve had hiding in my garage for ten years, does this make 4 in the country?? can anyone help? are they very rare?

Thanx
G.

six-o-one
17 years ago
Hi Gaynor,
Welcome to the forum. 😃

Is your standard an original right hand drive UK car?

They are more common in their left hand drive european form but still quite rare!

Do you have some pictures you can post here?

Malc

48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Hi there,
Yes, it would be nice to see pics of your car please!
What colour is it? In truth, I don't actually think there are 4 square window standards with sunroofs in this country. I have traced about 4 altogether but they are all German cars. Here, there are 3 known RHD UK square window standards but these don't have a sunroof.
If yours is RHD with a sunroof, it may be the only one around...or at least in the UK! So we do need to see it... 😃
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
Here's a German 59 in Jupiter Grey...  8758.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
48REME
  • 48REME
17 years ago
And inside... I wonder where this car is now and who owns it...  8759.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.