ellie
  • ellie
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
Hi,

It's time to bite the bullet and have our 72 bay camper fully restored as the bottom 6 inches is pretty rotten :? We know that going ahead with the project is going to be horrendously expensive and probably more hassle than its worth, but are still set on the idea.

As our local VW garage has got a 12 month waiting list @ the mo, was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for people which they've successfully used before/ heard good things about? Preferably around the North West.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
In Burnley.
But the waiting list is big.
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Hi Ellie,
As you are 'a bus' do a search on the ssvc forum for 'restorers' or even put up a thread yourself looking in your area. It is a splitscreen forum but really makes no difference, a van's a van when it comes to restoring and there are plenty of hands on proven garages recommended on there and dare I say it, many splitbus people own or have owned Bays also so may have a little more bus experience than on a purely Bay or general forum.

I expect one-on-one will be too busy......forever! But I can only imagine how good a Bay would be that came out their workshop.... :shock: 😃!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
17 years ago
oops forgot the link!
Splitscreen van forum 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann