wa1776
17 years ago
Hi,
I am looking for a vintage red vinyl interior for an 57 oval window bug.
Can anyone tell me where to find an interior, as i don`t want to install a new interior, that looks to new.
Thank you,
Sacha from Luxembourg
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
simonhanloncole
17 years ago
you must be joking, not only do you want an original old looking interior from a 57 but you also specify the colour too. I think the chances are super slim.
Get a new one and kick it around in the dirt for an hour soak it in water and poor vinegar on it then let it dry out and split the stitching in a few places and it might look vintage.
mrsherbie
17 years ago
We have only 2 complete original 57, grey cloth or salmon cloth, but not red vinyl. They are £500 each. Will check for anything else similar in red. Can send photos next week. I will PM you.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
17 years ago

you must be joking, not only do you want an original old looking interior from a 57 but you also specify the colour too. I think the chances are super slim.
Get a new one and kick it around in the dirt for an hour soak it in water and poor vinegar on it then let it dry out and split the stitching in a few places and it might look vintage.

"simonhanloncole" wrote:

We have quite a few, they are big to store though, they have their own bedroom! its great to see them go back into cars for the long run rather than being stripped at the trimmers and go in the bin! Which usually happens!

Slim chance, I agree completely, but I am often amazed what can be turned up by asking! 😃 And luck! 😃
mrsherbie
17 years ago
double post!
wa1776
17 years ago

"simonhanloncole" wrote:

Hello to Edinburgh,
If you can`t dream anymore what can you do else... You never know if you don`t ask you can`find anytihing. The bug is now over 50 years old and is in good shape. I can wait much longer to find the real interior and will be double lucky if i can find it.
Thank you anyway maybe you coud have been the one to have it.
Greetings 😃
wa1776
17 years ago

We have only 2 complete original 57, grey cloth or salmon cloth, but not red vinyl. They are £500 each. Will check for anything else similar in red. Can send photos next week. I will PM you.

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Hi Mrs Herbie.
Thank you very much for your answer, so i can still hope to find the rare interior, as i am looking for it for a long time.
It is true you can go to TMI or himmelservice in germany but it will still be a new interior....
See you 😃 😃
devil_121
17 years ago
Hi friend, I am new here and most likely I am also a Bug lover. Recently I found a beetle which was bought from the bay area where the previous owner stated it had spent most, if not its whole existence there. Original California car, well cared for, has original pan and all correct metal and trim. The car was partially restored about 5 years ago to original exterior and interior specs. Now just like "wa1776" I am looking for vinyl interior. Is there anyone here who can help me?
'50 Karmann
17 years ago

"simonhanloncole" wrote:

People told me - you will never find pre'52 cabriolet only semaphores,you will never find four original split window wings,you will never find 4 NOS split only four bolt wheel cylinders, let alone the split only master cylinder with reservevoir on top etc etc etc.
I wasn't Joking,and yes the chances were super slim.
All Done,car finished,drive it.
Never say Never 😃
simonhanloncole
17 years ago
All steel or metal components not cloth from the 50's
Simon
pre67vw
17 years ago
I think there must be a nice red interior out there somewhere... just have to wait till the right thing turns up 🙂
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW