Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
I'm sure I've read this somewhere a long time ago but just want to make sure... Are the tracking rods for a LHD compatable with a RHD vehicle ? If not.. 😞 Does anyone know where I can get the original type ? i.e. Ones with grease nipples. It's for my April '55 RHD oval.

Thanks.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
17 years ago
They are different length rods for left and right hand drive.

I bought a set of NOS ones complete with the ends with grease nipples from a guy last year so they are still around.

He had more complete sets and seperate ends too:

Andy 07810 504000

Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Thanks for that phone number Malc. I rang Andy and he was very helpfull. However, he had a load of parts but neither of us knew too much about track rods. :roll: So......

I know the short track rod has the track rod ends fitted without the facility to adjust, however, does anybody know the length of a track rod for an early 1955 ? I measured the one I took off my car and it measures about 700mm, A LHD one I have also measures 700mm. The ones Andy had measured around the 600mm mark :? Is there a length difference between LHD & RHD cars ?

Also does anybody else supply them just in case Andy doesn't have what I need..
Thanks (again)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.