Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Yesterday, Christian's Kübelwagen came back to Hessisch Oldendorf. It hat the Chassisnumber 66, tbe body-number 171 and the engine-number 0-000 298. The car was delivered in autum 1940 and found in the late 1990s in Lybia. We found the car in summer 2005 on the way back from the Karmann-Ghia Celebration meeting in Osnabrück. The car was restaured by our polish friends Jacek, Roman and Thomas - the best adress if you want to have a 100% perfect KDF-car. I think nobody else as Jacek knows more details about the earlies Kübelwagen.

The car has no plastic bomber at the body and most of the metal is original. The original Kronprinz 12"-Sandwheels and tires were found by friends of christian close to an old airfield in eastern germany. We tried to restaure the car with all orininal details, only the dasboard must have the gray switches. Because of we only have one (installed at the Axmann Type 60), we improved it with an original NOS-Speedometerplate, found at ebay last year.

The car will be Christian's car at Bad Camberg

https://www.webthumbs.de/galerie.php?id=d29ifGt1ZWJlbHdhZ2VuXzY2fDB8MA== 

www.ww2vw.com 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
fonz
17 years ago
Wow....amazing stuff! 😎

The only thing I found on the way home from the 2005 Karmann Ghia 50th celebrations was my Peugeot 306. :?
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
nice to see it finished, that was extreamly quick.

Cool car
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
mrsherbie
16 years ago
Thanks for posting. I LOVE those tyres!!! 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
vintagevw
16 years ago
Nice! Ready for Camberg?
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!