six-o-one
16 years ago
I've found a few ads from December 1950 and a dealership photo from March 1951...

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
16 years ago
From December 1950...

9716.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
six-o-one
16 years ago
Dec 1950...

9717.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Why do the guys in these old adds always smoke a pipe?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
six-o-one
16 years ago

Why do the guys in these old adds always smoke a pipe?

"JD" wrote:

They're all wearing slippers too, but you can't see their feet!

:wink:
48REME
16 years ago
And it always looks like the cars are so roomy that you can fit about six people, legs stretched right out, plus huge amounts of luggage! 😃
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago

And it always looks like the cars are so roomy that you can fit about six people, legs stretched right out, plus huge amounts of luggage! 😃

"48REME" wrote:

I understand the evil practice of exploiting pipe smoking midgets in automobile advertising was only stopped in `57 when the midgets got unionised.

See any Hillman Ad from the Fifties. They were by far the worst offenders.
UserPostedImage
48REME
16 years ago
And why is everyone always smiling?
Mummy and Daddy aren't speaking to each other but a radiant look of joy adorns their very Arian faces. Meanwhile the kids at the back, identical miniature versions of the parents, often wave at what we can only guess to be Friesian cows or maybe some huge factory in the Ruhr.
Let's face it, the marriage is probably over, he's having an affair, the kids are uncontrolable, early 50s post-war Germany looks bleak and those cable brakes and crash gearbox are a pain especially since it's probably raining too! :wink:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
They really were just lying through their teeth weren't they. Look at the size of these. It looks like Buick or something.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Tina
16 years ago
they where waving and smiling and pipe smoking because ww 2 was over and they where alive..........................
only few of them had a car before and after ww 2 almost everybody was thinking and saving money to get his very first own car........
and this when just aged 40-50, not as today we got the car with ages 16-18 in the garage.......
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Makes mental note to self for the hundredth time, never again to attempt humour in the presence of foreigners.
UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
16 years ago

Makes mental note to self for the hundredth time, never again to attempt humour in the presence of foreigners.

"JD" wrote:

:lol:

But I think you are right Tina 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
six-o-one
16 years ago
Okay, back to the initial post...

Has anyone come across any later references to the two seater cabriolet in VW literature?

😃
vintagevw
16 years ago

From December 1950...

"six-o-one" wrote:

Could you make a copy of the december brochure?
My car is a AMAG Swiss one!
Let me know, thanks!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!