Beau The Bug
16 years ago
Hello, Just wondered whether anyone can point me in the right direction, im a bit of a novice on the VDub front and brought my first bug about 5 / 6 weeks ago, when i brought her the horn didnt work and the fuel gauge hasnt worked for a while. I've fiddled with the fuel sender and it works and then it doesnt, i cant seem to find anyone who stocks just the sender (thats the circle bit with the screws on the top of the tank isnt it???)

I wondered whether its a fuse which has stopped the horn from working, but im not too sure, i didnt want to start and pull Beau apart and cause more harm than good!

Also, does anyone know roughly how many miles to a tank a 1300 bug will do, just while my fuel gauge isnt working, i need to keep a watch on my miles so i dont get caught short!

Thanks in advance x 🙂
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
16 years ago
Hi, welcome to the forum.

If it's not just a blown fuse, it sounds like you need to invest (less then £2) in a simple circuit tester. To sort the horn problem, you need to find out if you have power going to the horn. Disconect the power wire from the horn and use the tester to bridge the wire to earth and see if the light in the tester comes on when you press the horn. If it does, the horn is faulty. If it doesn't you have more work to trace the fault!

😃  9844.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Beau The Bug
16 years ago
Thanks for that... Will check the fuse first and work back from there i think.

Thanks again! 😃