GKL 7
15 years ago

601 has other '49 bits too like metal rings on the rear lights!

six-o-one wrote:

NO BUT,YEAH BUT -- We're talking about semaphores not back lights:wink:
GKL 7
15 years ago
That roof is BAD,BAD.
It looks like my God-daughters old PRAM.  inglesina_classica_pram_marina.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
15 years ago

Thanks for the pics,

the flashlight of your camera shows me, that I have to do something against the rost in the inner Sidepanels of my meb ;-)

The semaphore-threat is a good example, my an official registry-list of the Hebs is nessesary. Thgere are different details which changes during the time. Semaphoreboxes, enginelids, loofed-section exist in different styles and it whould be very helpful for restaurations in future if it is easy to find out, which version you need if you have to reconstruct lost details.

UserPostedImage

Bjoern wrote:

I'm not sure this is why an official registry is needed, but I'd love to put together an authenticity guide for the site!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
kdf38
15 years ago
It also has a 1947 dated license plate.

Mike

Off- Topic, yes , but yes that top realy looks wrong to me aswell !

Etzhold1 wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
pre67vw
15 years ago
So what about the semaphores themselves? This link says that the cabrio semaphores are different, I assume that includes the Heb?

https://web.telia.com/~u31614242/cabrio/semimage.html 

UserPostedImage

Did they maybe also change with the boxes? Did the early boxes maybe have sedan semaphores and the full boxes have cabrio semaphores?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
15 years ago
None of those are Split Cabrio semaphores Rob.
The steel frame continues right around the lens.
Don't think Hebmuller used these.More likely plain split sems.  343398.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
usariemen
15 years ago

I'm not sure this is why an official registry is needed, but I'd love to put together an authenticity guide for the site!!

pre67vw wrote:

I allready work on a detail changes guide that I want to release on my homepage.
I hope to get it done during the christmas holyday.
Could be called the "Hebolution":wink:
Master of my domaine.
zelensis61
15 years ago
Hi Rob and Carsten .
Are you starting with a Heb databank with all kind of changes?
Let me know.
and about the question:

HEBMULLER used SEDAN sema's. Not special made winkers. The grooved ones, not smooth

Greets, Peter

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pre67vw
15 years ago

The steel frame continues right around the lens.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I never noticed that! So what year did Karmann start to use non-sedan semaphores? or were the grooved Karmann ones special from '49?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
15 years ago

I never noticed that! So what year did Karmann start to use non-sedan semaphores? or were the grooved Karmann ones special from '49?

pre67vw wrote:

Split cabs used the metal framed ones (as in the picture)> late53.
Then oval cab only sems came in,they were curved to match the panel they did not use boxes as on Split verts.