GKL 7
14 years ago

without getting embroiled in an argument,as rob says this site is a stock/unmodified/standard forum so any talk of major changes to what is a rare care will go down like a lead balloon

yes the car does look nice but we would all prefer to see it as it left factory
welcome anyway :beer:

69project wrote:

Hooray!!!!
There is more joy in Heaven over one converted sinner.

You'll be buying a pipe and slippers soon:wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:
Standard split
14 years ago

Here you go! :d

VW Stan wrote:

Was such a desirable car for a vintage VW purist 😞

Real back to basics Standard model – no sunroof or much else to distract from the classic shape. Smashing car and lovely colour, bit too shiny though. Shame VW enlarged the windscreen, though the early rectangular rear window blends in perfectly.

However, as much as I regard this particular car as sadly lost – it's the owners choice to change things if they wish. If someone buys a beautiful painting then aerosols graffiti over it it's their choice. But, we are only custodians of these things we have, and should consider those who may (or in this case probably would not) want to acquire them after.:x

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Standard split
14 years ago
Sorry, I rambled on a bit there:oops:

What I really meant to say is that this rare car has been f*cked-up:twisted:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Gaz1
14 years ago

Sorry, I rambled on a bit there:oops:

What I really meant to say is that this rare car has been improved and is a great looking cal looker 😎

Standard split wrote:

Fixed that for you :wink:
Gaz1
14 years ago

without getting embroiled in an argument,as rob says this site is a stock/unmodified/standard forum so any talk of major changes to what is a rare care will go down like a lead balloon

yes the car does look nice but we would all prefer to see it as it left factory
welcome anyway :beer:

69project wrote:

Thanks for the welcome,not here to argue and i didn't start the original post,but if you are going to talk about someone elses car on a public forum i would of thought they are entitled to comment :wink:
Standard split
14 years ago

Fixed that for you :wink:

Gaz1 wrote:

Home-made toffee[-x

But welcome you of course are:d

Great to have someone with a good sense of humour along:lol:

My car 'Rattletrap' has had its fair share of knocks on this forum, but its all light-hearted banter – I hope :?

VW Stan
14 years ago
I did consider buying this car when It last came up for sale.
I contacted the seller hoping that the standard bits had been kept, but were all long gone.
I have an early full crash box and a spare set of cable brakes but getting the interior looking correct would have been a bit of a problem.

It would have looked nice parked next to my RHD '58 Standard, but I decided to get my oval instead.

If anyone want's to buy it with a view to putting it 'right' I would sell the gearbox and brakes to help.

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Gaz1
14 years ago

Home-made toffee[-x

But welcome you of course are:d

Great to have someone with a good sense of humour along:lol:

My car 'Rattletrap' has had its fair share of knocks on this forum, but its all light-hearted banter – I hope :?

Standard split wrote:

No harm in light hearted banter,thanks for the welcome :d
48REME
14 years ago

but I decided to get my oval instead.

VW Stan wrote:

I didn't know you got an Oval, Malc! Can I see a pic? and...most importantly, is it Standard?:wink:
VW Stan
14 years ago

I didn't know you got an Oval, Malc! Can I see a pic? and...most importantly, is it Standard?:wink:

48REME wrote:

https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=16515 
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
48REME
14 years ago
Standard split
14 years ago
I saw this car in the classifieds too - it looks so nice with the old metallic paint, no shine at all, and so original 😮

It looks nicer than a restored shiny car, DeLuxe or Standard :beer:

I love it. Hope you are okay with me showing your pic again here 😎

Sell it to me if you tire of it:d

4237.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
14 years ago
Rattletrap looks awefully shiney in your avatar John:roll:
heb623
14 years ago

Why are those guys peeing through the fence? :shock:

pre67vw wrote:

When those guys weren't peeing TROUGH the fence they would be wet!:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Standard split
14 years ago

Rattletrap looks awefully shiney in your avatar John:roll:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Rattletrap does have a bit of a shine, I know…:evil:

The forgiving feature is the split window with the aluminum trim (only on a DeLuxe Zwitter). It looks fantastic, catching the light as it does, really 'lifts out' the split-window feature, making it very noticeable, the best looking back of any Beetle. That's the one draw back of the Standards and other DeLuxe splits, they don't have that.:shock:

48REME
14 years ago
I actually prefer the rear windows without the trim and the front windscreen too, as in pre-51 Deluxes.
Standard split
14 years ago

I actually prefer the rear windows without the trim and the front windscreen too, as in pre-51 Deluxes.

48REME wrote:

Fair to say it would look totally wrong on the Standard model, especially if it were the only window so enhanced. The Standard looks best in its austerity, with no trim or chrome and little or no shine on the paint.

But I still think the DeLuxe Zwitter looks great with its enhanced split rear window, it really makes the feature much more visible:beer: