Standard split
14 years ago

So John?

'50 Karmann wrote:

MRT 308 IS the first one :evil:

It was my car, I discovered all the info on it back in the late 1970's – it had so much recorded history, some I traced to Canada where a retired Wolksburg worker lived who knew all about this car, he sent me loads of photos of the import of MRT 308 at Dover in 1952[-x

An older RHD VW here proves nothing:twisted:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Can you post them Rich? Are they the same pics that appeared in the IVVM?

55Kab wrote:

Same ones as in IVVM. I don't know Neal, but I'm over in N.Ireland in a few weeks time so I'm hoping to make contact before then.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

MRT 308 IS the first one :evil:

It was my car, I discovered all the info on it back in the late 1970's – it had so much recorded history, some I traced to Canada where a retired Wolksburg worker lived who knew all about this car, he sent me loads of photos of the import of MRT 308 at Dover in 1952[-x

An older RHD VW here proves nothing:twisted:

Standard split wrote:

MRT is a great car and one of my all-time favourites, but that doesn't make it the first if there's clear evidence to prove otherwise :wink:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Richard
14 years ago
Surely the first car built for the UK isn't necessarily the first RHD car brought into the country.

There is also a Karmann RHD car built in Wolfsburg in 1950, but that wasn't technically brought into the UK. Is that the one you're referring to Rich?
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Surely the first car built for the UK isn't necessarily the first RHD car brought into the country.

There is also a Karmann RHD car built in Wolfsburg in 1950, but that wasn't technically brought into the UK. Is that the one you're referring to Rich?

Richard wrote:

No, there's another.
Standard split
14 years ago

No, there's another.

Rich Oakley wrote:

The first VW in RHD to arrive here new is the one.

Wrong thread – MRT 308 has its own thread – 'ave a butcher's there :wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378