Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
At last, I've got Darren to take some pics - but don't get too excited as he isn't up to speed when it comes to technology... They're taken on his phone.
But at least it gives you an idea of the car.
Enjoy.  photo[1].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo[2].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo[4].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo[5].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo[6].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
More pics  photo[7].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo[8].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo[9].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  photo[10].JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
P.S. It's a UK RHD not, as the photos may suggest... an Aussie one... 🙂
harveypj
12 years ago
Thats a GREAT looking car :thumbup:
Stock......the new custom
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
Great Looking Car !
"Mr Stock"
Rattletrap
12 years ago
Probably the pic quality, but can't see the 'H' on the rear valance.

This is a very desireable car for sure otherwise. Is the paint OG, looks like great patina.:beer:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
six-o-one
12 years ago
I emailed Darren within 10 minutes of Ivan's first post and haven't received a reply.
I guess I'll be sticking with my LHD Oval. It looks about the same apart from the colour anyway!

:roll:

GKL 7
12 years ago

I emailed Darren within 10 minutes of Ivan's first post and haven't received a reply.
I guess I'll be sticking with my LHD Oval. It looks about the same apart from the colour anyway!

:roll:

six-o-one wrote:

X2 ,to the letter.
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

X2 ,to the letter.

GKL 7 wrote:

Just been on the phone to him - he said he's really not good with computers - if anyone needs info call him on the phone, old technology I know - but as Buzby used to say 'it's good to talk.' His number is on the post I originally made.
Oh, and the car is in being MoT'd today he said.
chrisbug91
12 years ago
What happened to this? Did it sell?
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

What happened to this? Did it sell?

chrisbug91 wrote:

I haven't spoken to him for a few weeks - if you want to find out about the car, give him a call.
Bathtub57
12 years ago
I thought VW stopped marking semaphores left and right in '49?

Jokes aside it is a great car. The '54 original interior is great reference for me, I've never seen green leatherette only red or beige. More pics would be great, but to see it at a show would be even better!
Old Blue
12 years ago

I thought VW stopped marking semaphores left and right in '49?

Jokes aside it is a great car. The '54 original interior is great reference for me, I've never seen green leatherette only red or beige. More pics would be great, but to see it at a show would be even better!

Bathtub57 wrote:

Interior looks brown to me.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Bathtub57
12 years ago

Interior looks brown to me.

Old Blue wrote:

It does in the pictures, I was really going from Ivans description in the first post on this thread.
Rattletrap
12 years ago

It does in the pictures, I was really going from Ivans description in the first post on this thread.

Bathtub57 wrote:

I had a 1954 oval Deluxe, reg PYM..., RHD and same colour. The seats and panels were beige as this appears to be.:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Bathtub57
12 years ago

I had a 1954 oval Deluxe, reg PYM..., RHD and same colour. The seats and panels were beige as this appears to be.:wink:

Rattletrap wrote:

That would make more sense, I've never come across green but happy to learn otherwise.
Rattletrap
12 years ago
My green RHD '56 oval, MDR 155 had the later style 'ribbed' seats as opposed to the more flat 'slab' type of the '54 I had. The '56 had green seats as I remember, though I've never seen the earlier oval seats in green.

The '54 oval was PYM 313, anyone have this:?:
paulbugman
12 years ago
sweet car and remember seeing it once in a bp garage ,had to do a second take
Cool Splitty
12 years ago
Has it sold:?:
Cool Splitty. Reel Kool and called Peter.
rod
11 years ago
Hi everyone. I bought this car a few months ago, its great. I have done about 500 miles in it around the Cambridgeshire countryside, with the only fault being that the front number plate fell off. It needs a little welding on the rear bumpers hangers and rear offside inner arch but apart from that it is very solid.
The battery is not that great. I have not had a beetle for a few years, does anyone know if you can still get 6V Bosch batteries? I seem to remember when I last bought one (about 5 years ago) they were being discontinued.