pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
11 years ago
Thanks to Jollychuffy for these photos. this is the first set - more to come..

VW Action 1976 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Great pictures John. Thanks for posting Rob. :thumbup:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
rudolf hucker
11 years ago
Thanks John. Brings back many happy memories...................sadly no pics of me though!

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Nice photos john and thanks for the sent info :thumbup:

As for the question you asked the answer is yes please :d

Andy W
Jollychuffy
11 years ago
Thanks for your efforts in making my old pictures (which Rod Sleigh transferred on to disc for me) accessible via 'Pre 67 VW' Forum. It is indeed sobering to realise that I photographed these cars before many present-day devotees were born ! Thanks and well-done Rob - John aka Jollychuffy
GKL 7
11 years ago
Jollychuffy...are you John from Glossop?
RockStock
11 years ago
Ace!
StockRocks
11 years ago
What a brilliant set of photos! :smile:
www.vwoval.co.uk
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
11 years ago
Some more...

VW Action 1978 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
RockStock
11 years ago
Ridiculously cool pics...
Where are those cars now? I like the £800 split pic. Nice to see the lights repositioned & guards added in the later pic
& the Porsche!
StockRocks
RoRoVw
11 years ago
Great old photos.
Surely the last few were taken at Stoneleigh? 1979 perhaps?

Rob.
Jollychuffy
11 years ago
Thanks Rob for your further selection of images posted from the discs Rod Sleigh produced from my old prints, film and transparencies. "Ro Ro" is correct : the final eight pictures record what I think was A midlands VW club stand at the ' IBCAM ' ( Here's a joke - "The Institute of British Carriage and Automobile Manufacturers' )
Festival at Stoneleigh, I think in 1980. The feedback I've had about my old photos has been gratifying, thanks again to you for your time and effort making them accessible on 'Your' Forum. regards - John / Jollychuffy
rudolf hucker
11 years ago
Another set of photos that make me feel very old. I dont mind though..............have you any more?

Regarding the £800 split, thats about 800 times the cost of entry to VW Action in the early years!

My first Beetle in 1972 was a brand new 1200 in clementine cost was £825.
GKL 7
11 years ago

Another set of photos that make me feel very old.

rudolf hucker wrote:

Sorry to have to tell you Rudy,but...........:wink:
chrisbug91
11 years ago
Fantastic photos, weird to think they were taken 10/15+ years before I was born (not to make anyone feel old :lol:)
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
heb623
11 years ago

Sorry to have to tell you Rudy,but...........:wink:

GKL 7 wrote:

... when I see those I (George) know I am old too!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
nicolass
11 years ago

... when I see those I (George) know I am old too!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:twisted: ET

heb623 wrote:

Yes you are put some pictures here :rofl:
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
11 years ago

"Ro Ro" is correct : the final eight pictures record what I think was A midlands VW club stand at the ' IBCAM ' ( Here's a joke - "The Institute of British Carriage and Automobile Manufacturers' )
Festival at Stoneleigh, I think in 1980.

Jollychuffy wrote:

Oops, Sorry :oops: This is what happens when you try and do stuff by grabbing 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there instead of sitting down and doing it properly!

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
ianmac
11 years ago
George did you own the oval with reg KET 691, I wondered how the number plate ended up on my '51 and what happened to the oval :?

Great pics BTW thanks for sharing 😎
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
11 years ago
These photos are of the Federated Garages meeting in 1975 - the first English Split Window meeting. The owners from left to right are William Foottit, Derek Smith, Maurice Goldsmith, Rod Sleigh and Jacques Mertens who travelled from Brussels for the meet.  scan002.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  scan003.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  scan004.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  scan005.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  scan006.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW