BEETLE MAN
11 years ago
Good Evening

I was wondering if the current owner of SSU 687 is a member of this forum? If so i would like to get intouch with them.

Many Thanks

Paul
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
BEETLE MAN
11 years ago
Thankyou for the link 😉
RoRoVw
11 years ago
Several of us on here have owned this zwitter over the years.
Rob.
Pricivius
11 years ago
And here I am!

Apologies for the delay in responding.

SSU 687 is alive and well and currently garaged in south Manchester. As Rob says, he's a well-known car, previously owned by several pre67ers so he has lots of history and background.

Let me know if I can help...

Dawn
JimD
6 years ago
Hi Dawn

I have just bought SSU so would love to know anything you can pass on about your time and previous owners time with the car.

Regards

Jim
Karl
6 years ago
Hi, congratulation!
I had SSU back in the early 90's for a few years and did a full body off restoration before driving it down to Germany for a couple of weeks and visiting Bad Camberg, it never missed a beat. My brother in law and myself had lots of pre 67's during those days and both had a lot of hours and pounds invested in SSU 687.
I have lots of pics somewhere of the restoration and probably others, I will try to dig them out and let you have copies.
I have a copy of the Volksworld magazine that it was featured in ( front cover and 4 page article) as well as a a Belgium sales brochure for that model that I managed to buy at the time.
Are you keeping it or will it be for sale again??

Anything I can help with let me know? My own email address is [email protected]
Cheers
Karl
JimD
6 years ago
Hi Karl

Thanks for the reply...I have sent you an email.

Regards

Jim