Andy Sparks
11 years ago
I know it is not everyone's cup of tea on here, but it is a work in progress, and will be correct at some point (with luck). There was discussing on this kab a few years ago, It is very incorrect, I know that. But thought it would be better to get it solid and drive it, than try and restore it without having the bits in the garage.
Work has been slow, as I have been finding it hard to find work down here.

I have managed to get some correct bits, i.e. 2 front beams (54/55), a good complete 55 30hp engine, and a 59 for spares, (55) gear box, brakes, original rear bumper, kabriolett semaphores, and repro rear view mirror.

The welding has been done, I have rebuilt the 1600cc that came with the car, new clutch/exhaust, new brakes all around, wipers, he is back to 5 stud wheels, and I have tried to realign the rear lid as best as I could (someone had hit it). All the winders and door locks were stuck, they have been free'd up, and the car has been under sealed.

So that's where he stands at the moment, hopefully work will become a little more perm, and I can collect some parts.

UserPostedImage
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Andy Sparks
11 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
pre67vw
11 years ago
:thumbup:

Looks cool, is it on a '65 chassis ?(C reg)

Looks like the rear wheels stick out a fair way, is that just with wider wheels or is it axle tubes?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Andy Sparks
11 years ago
I doubt the chassis was originally a 65, as it is IRS, as I intend on correcting the pan/stance, when i get some money together, and when the engine is done i bought some adapter plates for the back, i'm also running 195s, on the front i put a 65 drum front end.

Although rear went flat today so i used my spare X ply from the 61, must be said they look better than radials.
Big Al
10 years ago
dude, I'm on the lookout for a GOOD 58 floorpan, if I find one I may have a completely restored 54 pan available. Big Al Vzi 😉