6t6
  • 6t6
  • Regular Topic Starter
9 years ago
Hi there folks

Looking for any recommendations for someone to make up from scratch a new roof for my 61 Karmann beetle, want a decent job and aware of the potential prices as have a few quotes already.
The car has the frame and glass but no signs of any material for a template so needs to be someone who knows what they're doing with old vw's.

Lets hear who you've had dealings with,good bad and grumpy...
pref in the South East - Herts / home counties / London area, willing to travel though

Also anyone know any specific Karmann websites or forums. Is the owners club still about?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
9 years ago

Hi there folks

Looking for any recommendations for someone to make up from scratch a new roof for my 61 Karmann beetle, want a decent job and aware of the potential prices as have a few quotes already.
The car has the frame and glass but no signs of any material for a template so needs to be someone who knows what they're doing with old vw's.

Lets hear who you've had dealings with,good bad and grumpy...
pref in the South East - Herts / home counties / London area, willing to travel though

Also anyone know any specific Karmann websites or forums. Is the owners club still about?

Originally Posted by: 6t6 

There is no question where you should take this if you want it doing properly- Steve Hudson near Wembley: 07790 930109
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
6t6
  • 6t6
  • Regular Topic Starter
9 years ago
nice one Rich thanks for that will give him a call
vintagebug
9 years ago
I've heard that Steve is very good & I'm thinking about calling him as well. However, are there any other good folk further north who can do hoods to a similar high standard? London is a long way from home for me... 😞

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
pre67vw
9 years ago

I've heard that Steve is very good & I'm thinking about calling him as well. However, are there any other good folk further north who can do hoods to a similar high standard? London is a long way from home for me... 😞

Originally Posted by: vintagebug 

Who did George's 50? He was from oop north (although still a southerner to you I know...)
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vintagebug
9 years ago

Who did George's 50? He was from oop north (although still a southerner to you I know...)

Originally Posted by: pre67vw 

It was done by Steve Hudson, Rob.

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"