prolline
5 years ago

Hi folks,

Currently running whitewall tyre trims but want to upgrade to genuine whitewall tyres on standard stock rims..

Can anyone recommend a decent brand and supplier that do not cost the earth...

After a quick Google prices I can see seem to be £280 + each. For a 30hp performance seems rather pricy for 1000 mile a year.

Any thoughts ???

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
51reutter
5 years ago
Hi,

Honestly don’t think you’ll find cheaper original whitewalls...

As an alternative, a few years ago I found a company in the UK that “welded” rubber bands to your own tires, I will search my PC to see if I can find them.

Also found these on Instagram, don’t know the pricing but might be worth to ask.
https://www.instagram.com/lucasclassictires/p/BK9MA2HBwyi/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fknpc79p34t4 

Cheers
Instagram | @early_type
StephenC
5 years ago
Hi, i cannot comment on the quality but came across these when searching for new tyres. Radar Dimax Classic They look good and are a fraction of the cost

prolline
5 years ago
Cheers Stephen they look worth investigating...
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
5 years ago

The "American Classic" tires aren't cheap, but if you wanted an authentic crossply looking radial, they might be a good choice.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
51reutter
5 years ago

I ordered this brand of tyres for my Fiat Nuova 500, whitewalls in 125-12, as soon as they arrive I’ll tell you guys if their good
Instagram | @early_type
StephenC
4 years ago
Nice one,might get some,be good to know what they are like,cheers

mrmagyar
4 years ago

Hi,

Nothants Tyres do a Goodrich whitewall radial but again very expensive at £245 each plus VAT. Longstone Tyres do a Galaxy radial whitewall at £119 inc VAT but it's a one inch white band around the tyre rather than a full white wall. Costs soon start mounting up when you add new inner tubes!

Andy.

1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe