Delilah '62
15 years ago
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a product to clean up vinyl seat covers and door cards? Mine are a bit sticky in places.
Despite the presence of a couple of suspect pillows, I'm led to believe that the interior of my '62 is original so I need to take care of it!

Cheers 😛
Delilah. 1962 Beetle
24000 miles.... Nearly
(On FACEBOOK as Delilah Volkswagen)
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Hi

Oddly there has been a discussion on VZi about the very same thing!:lol:

Try Here 
William
harveypj
15 years ago
Soda crystals in water. Thats what I use (great for that initial clean up)
The 'vizi' link mentions it, think that came from my volksworld feature.....
Use a nail brush and a strong solution of soda crystals (cost about a quid from any supermarket)
wipe of/rinse with fresh water using a micro fiber / terry towel.
It will disolve away the dirt like one of those 'TV adds':d

Don't do the card on the back of the rear seat (luggage area) thou, it will start to remove any colouring.

I'd stay away from bleach, it could cause yellowing and will rot the stitching if you do not rinse it properly:cry:
Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Soda crystals in water. Thats what I use (great for that initial clean up)
The 'vizi' link mentions it, think that came from my volksworld feature.....

harveypj wrote:

Ahhhh thats where i read it!:beer: Im Mellow Yellow on VZi!:wink:
William
harveypj
15 years ago
Thought I recognised that 'semaphore turn signal' avatar.

Where did that come from?.......That would make a great rear window sticker as a warning.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Thought I recognised that 'semaphore turn signal' avatar.

Where did that come from?.......That would make a great rear window sticker as a warning.

harveypj wrote:

To be honest I stole it form someone's photobucket account ages ago, photoshopped it to fit in an avatar square and then completely forgot where or who I got it from!:oops: If you are reading this I am very sorry but it was to cool to leave!:lol:

You can buy them as window stickers as ive seen them on quite a few 50s buses! I couldnt tell you where from though!

I want one just to go on my wall!8)

William
Delilah '62
15 years ago
Thanks for that, luckily there's original carpet covering the luggage compartment. Shame the rest of the carpet was replaced by the previous owner for something 'better'. :cry:

That's my mission for the week sorted then! :lol:
Delilah. 1962 Beetle
24000 miles.... Nearly
(On FACEBOOK as Delilah Volkswagen)
54 Gertie
15 years ago

'better'

Delilah '62 wrote:

Thats what they said about upright headlamps!:roll: :lol: 😳
William
Rach66
15 years ago
Thanks everyone, will try soda crystals.

harveypj
15 years ago
:!: make sure you rinse of the solution properly, it is safe but if you leave residue on the seat frames (talking days here) it will soften the paint. :!:

I've used soda crystals on all of my beetle and camper interiors that I've owned, always with great results.

Rach66
15 years ago
It's working!

Though I must remember the seats are meant to be that greyish colour, and will not get any whiter the harder I scrub!