cupa65
  • cupa65
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi all

After much internal debate( with myself)I purchased a full set of 5 new tyres for my 65.
I went through the crossply vs radial thing and decided on radials. The main reasons been wandering, wet weather performance and price.

So I searched the vintage tyre companies and although the period Pirelli's and Michelins are fantastic they cost around £150 each. I couldn't justify £750 for tyres to do a few thousand miles.

It then came down to what modern radials are available with a semi vintage look. There were Vredestein Srint Plus, Sprint Classics, Firestone 560's and Toyo 310's (not an exhaustive list, but the one's I looked at)

In the end I chose the Toyo's at around £49 each. They are a good trade off between price, classic looks, availabilty and reputable quality.

Here's some pic's of my newly powder coated and painted rims with the Toyo's attached.

Cheers  IMG_0748_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0747_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0749_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0750_2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads