pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
12 years ago
Looks like another Heb will be for sale, details soon...  401207_10150655194527629_151352572628_11371380_1361867582_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
12 years ago
I hate to tell it ROB...:omg:

It is a real one but...NOT CHEAP. But a fine example.
Geetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

It is a real one but...NOT CHEAP.

zelensis61 wrote:

If I knew it was cheap I wouldn't post it here :wink: :rofl:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
austria
12 years ago
zelensis61
12 years ago
Roland, Servus..;
You made me laugh so loud the neighbours complained...

It is not even for sale yet.
I'will let you know when. How are your savings these days? I asume like mine, nice colored red...like minus, below...:omg:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
12 years ago
Oh...now it is for sale...
Our beloved Randy Carlson from oldbug.com did it.
https://www.oldbug.com/1949hebcab.htm 

Nice car but the price is a bit high. 225000 green papers.:omg:

Randy is accepting bids for it. Only serious bids I asume.

chrisbug91
12 years ago
https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=758978 

The first comment, Im not sure whether to laugh or cry :d
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Bjoern
12 years ago
What a brilliant car. Not in all details 100% maching - but one of the best Hebs I have ever seen. I don't know if I should feel happy about the new level of pricing - or not.
ste VW agen
12 years ago
:beer: Here's to the Restorer for doing an incredible job! Anybody know who gets the beer?

So now the questions go to the "Heb Detectives :thumbup: "

At a price like that, a serious buyer (and all curious browsers like me) would like to be "educated" more about the car, not only from the seller, but from the community at large ie:

1) Does anyone know where the car was before "it came to the USA in 1992?" and what it may have looked like at any stage prior? As gorgeous as any restoration may be, I find the documented, living history of a car (it's provenance) that part which brings it's value over the top!!

In this case, the internet has been born & developed since the time this car (it says Heb 323) last changed hands "been in USA since 1992." So in addition to whatever historical evidence the seller may provide, there might be more info out there (photos / previous owners / anecdotes. etc) that even HE is not aware of. So I'd love to see what anyone can dig up on this car from any other source? Any such info will benefit directly both a prospective new buyer as well as all of us drooling :drool: browsers!!

2) Since it's being advertised as a fresh restoration by a restorer who "did his homework," and since other owners of Hebs (under restoration or awaiting restoration) would be inclined to judge these pictures as being representative of an "accurate restoration," I'd like to see some discussion here about what's right and possibly still wrong (incorrect) about this 225,000. dollar Heb. Let's all "check his homework" if you will.

This is not to take away from the amazing work of the restorer, but simply to open a discussion among Heb owners & dreamers about what is correct or not for a car being advertised as Top of the Tops.

I begin with :

a. Windshield has chrome strip --> Is this correct?

b. No VIN or Heb Tags visible in the spare tire well ---> Perhaps in a box & not yet re - attached?

c. Color combo being advertised as "Color combination correct for a '49 Heb" --> Any way to know through any extant lists / charts out there what the "original" color combo was for Heb 323?

I'm here in the front row of the class, and eager to hear / see what other "Heb Detectives" might have to add about this truly gorgeous :thumbup: but not quite perfect Heb.

V ery W arm greetings to you all!

ste VW e :beer: :beer: :beer:
I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago
Progressive refinements lists the front windscreen trim as being from 12 April 1951, so it does look like that is incorrect. Missing the Augbau tag as you say. Eagle eyes!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
12 years ago
Correct about the windshield rubber and aufbau and Vin tag.
I also see the tacho drive axl is not in the tube?
The aircleaner should be the other one my opinion. The one with T and swanneck. Altough if it is the offset mushroom I whould not bother.
For the rest: it is all there and correct.
I have seen worser hebs :cry: .

The color is also correct. Red and black was official from the begin. Not sure if it is the 100% same color as in 49 but who can tell if it is?

Greetings Peter.
heb623
12 years ago
Maybe its me but I can not fing the lever of thje fuel tap!:oops:
Are the back lights without the thin alu bezel ok?

:twisted: ET

I see more but will not tell (only on PM to insiders) otherwise it all could turn against me! Besides I don't like fight ..... and my Heb is fu..ed up to on some places as you can see in the near future!!:oops: :oops: :oops:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Is this the current rate for a nicely restored Heb or should it be in the crazy price thread ? :roll: :d
GKL 7
12 years ago

and my Heb is fu..ed up to on some places as you can see in the near future!!:oops: :oops: :oops:

heb623 wrote:

Restoration number 4 about to start 😛 :rofl:
heb623
12 years ago

Restoration number 4 about to start 😛 :rofl:

GKL 7 wrote:

:d That's a good one, George!

Rattletrap
12 years ago
Comparing to my untouched original '49 Deluxe, a good benchmark I'd say, the Heb has the later lights (1950 on, no aluminium bezel), with incorrect colour rubber mats. They are black, wheras on my '49 they are burgundy colour. They are grey/black on the Standard model, but the Heb would is based on the Deluxe.

The steering wheel is identical to my car, even the shade of white compared to the Ivory dash panels and knobs.

Great car though, but OTT price is silly.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
heb623
12 years ago
When you ask me the Heb should have taillights like the ones in top of the box!

:twisted: ET  h67.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago
As the Hebs were built on deluxe cars not standards, is the 3 spoke steering wheel correct? I was trying to find out when the batwing came along but couldn't - I saw that the '49 Karmann in the Wolfsburg museum has a batwing.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Bjoern
12 years ago

As the Hebs were built on deluxe cars not standards, is the 3 spoke steering wheel correct? I was trying to find out when the batwing came along but couldn't - I saw that the '49 Karmann in the Wolfsburg museum has a batwing.

pre67vw wrote:

Only the prototypes had the 3-Spoke steeringwheel because they were based on pre 1949 beetles. The car for sale is nice, but not in all details corract. Heatingbeams and - boxes, steeringwheel, non-Aluminium-Taillights... But all of you who critizised these wrong details should have a watch at their own cars. Otherwhise could anybody expact correct details for that money. But if you see the rest of details and the quality, that car is really one of the better ones who exist. What a luck that all of these wrong detail could be changed within a couple of minutes.
heb623
12 years ago

But all of you who critizised these wrong details should have a watch at their own cars. Otherwhise could anybody expact correct details for that money. But if you see the rest of details and the quality, that car is really one of the better ones who exist.

Bjoern wrote:

I told you; Here we go!!!