48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
A little spring clean to sweep away the winter cobwebs and a drive down my new East London neighbourhood...  15812.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
...and a first pic of my newly acquired correct 57-63 Standard interior, saved from the 'updated' Austrian 58 Standard which was at the Volksworld show last year. Thanks to Richard O for putting me in touch with the owner, which I pestered for over a year before he agreed to part with his original seats!

😃  15813.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago
GREAT car Nick, GREAT.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Great that you got that interior! I also thought it was a pity that standard car was going to get pulled apart/history lost when I saw the pics of it.

But your car looks superb!
:D

We forgot all about the black rubber kick mat, I guess you probably found one by now?

But I think you are fibbing a bit, I dont think there are ever any cobwebs in your house, garage or on your car! :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
Thanks...Actually Anna, I am still looking for that front rubber kick mat. I didn't come to Stanford Hall but will definitely come to Lavenham, so if you and Owen happen to have one, I'd be interested.
I might not have too many cobwebs to sweep but my bloody lock-up garage has a leak in the roof so the front quarter of the car always gets wet! It leaves awful white spots all over the wing and bonnet, so until I actually climb on the roof to repair it, I've bought a car cover to protect the car.

😃
six-o-one
15 years ago
I've got a spare LHD big window standard front tunnel mat, if you're after one Nick? It's been trimmed a bit around the pedals but not too bad apart from that.

M
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
Hi Malc,
I've got the Standard tunnel mat on the car but if you can't really use yours for your RHD Standard, I guess a spare wouldn't go amiss. I leave it up to you... Thanks for the thought anyway 😃
six-o-one
15 years ago
No problem, I'll hang onto it. You know where it is if you ever need one!

If you find any Late std stuff, think of me, looking for door panels and rhd carpet (I have two RHD std front bulkhead mats and a set of floor mats so far).

M
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
A front bulkhead mat is what I would need...You do mean the half-carpet/half-rubber apron under the dash? I'm probably going to have to settle for a deluxe one so I'll be seeing Anna at Lavenham unless I find a Standard one before that....Fat chance of that happening!
six-o-one
15 years ago
Have a chat with Newton Commercial. They suggested they could supply a new rubber bulkhead mat with no holes in it (assuming he actually got the gist of what I was on about!) or sew new carpet onto mine.

M
pre67vw
15 years ago
Looks FANTASTIC Nicolas!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago

or sew new carpet onto mine.
M

"six-o-one" wrote:

Yes, thats what I did with Owens brown 50, used his original carpet but with a better original brown mat we found. But I did use my big mean industrial sewing machine to sew it on. I would'nt want a repro personally, it will stand out I think. Now Owen is back from Sweden I will definitely get him to have a proper look for a good correct period one and let you know if he has one or not before Lavenham.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Chris
15 years ago
That car is the nicest 'big window' car I've ever seen. I remember first seeing it last year parked in the main street at Bad Camberg and it took my breath away.

If only it had an oval rear window.......... :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

Now Owen is back from Sweden I will definitely get him to have a proper look for a good correct period one and let you know if he has one or not before Lavenham.

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Thanks Anna! 😃
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

If only it had an oval rear window.......... :wink:

"Chris" wrote:

But that's what makes it different, no? 😃
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
Well, all set and ready for Lavenham but hopefully, this is the last time this car will be seen as it is... Next year, for its 50th anniversary and Hessisch Oldendorf, it is going GREEN (Reseda green, that is!) 😃  15903.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
'50 Karmann
15 years ago
Haven't quite got the hang of that quote thing yet then,Nick :wink: :lol:
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
No, it's driving me crazy! I don't know how you all quote from quotes of other people's quotes! My brain obviously functions with very 'Standard' technology...
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

No, it's driving me crazy! I don't know how you all quote from quotes of other people's quotes! My brain obviously functions with very 'Standard' technology...

48REME wrote:

Lovely car! Hope you're settling into your new neighbourhood just fine.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.