Sunroof53
15 years ago

Why do people go to so much trouble to restore or just repaint their car then put the back lights too far up

So how come other early Beetles there have their lights at the lower original place :?:

If you had very rare original early rear fenders you would not weld up the light fitting holes and re-fit the lights higher up 'cause its the law :?

Standard split wrote:

:oops: Sorry this is missinformation.I checked this out as it was something i had read on another forum.The only thing required is flashing indicators .Maybe that car has later wings and they used the top hole for 60s tailights or perhaps they just wanted to be seen a little better, either way they wernt to bothered about originality but it is still a nice car.
Standard split
15 years ago
I think it is more through lack of knowledge.

Even if you use later fenders, after the effort of restoring the car, you'd fit the lights correctly to avoid the instant giveaway that you have the wrong ones:?:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
15 years ago

Even if you use later fenders, after the effort of restoring the car, you'd fit the lights correctly to avoid the instant giveaway that you have the wrong ones:?:

Standard split wrote:

Yes exactly...and so this makes it not such an 'unmolested car' after all. Also, why the inconsistency in price? In Germany, it's 14900 euros, a bit different from the US $ price it's on for on the Samba. These times are lean and I find this kind of greed unnecessary. I guess everyone's entitled to try though...:wink: