JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
I´m always tripping over old Hazet tools at fleamarkets over here and I was wondering about trying to collect a correct(ish) set of tools for a spare wheel toolkit - just for fun.

Anyone know anything about these toolkits? Wasn´t someone repopping the boxes some time ago? Are there more and less desireable tools for them?

Anything you know really!:d
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Ovalbug
15 years ago
I've put a few kits together over the years, one of the best sites for info is this ......

https://www.356.ca/tools/roundbox.htm 

People desperate to complete their kit mean that individual tools for sale on Ebay can fetch crazy money at times, whilst boxes/kits with several tools missing can be picked up relatively cheaply :d .
This is how I've put together my kits,they don't have to work out that expensive if you take your time!
Some people do ask the earth for these kits though, one trader was asking £600 for a mid-late '60s one at the Volksworld swapmeet, bet it didn't sell! :lol:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
JD
  • JD
15 years ago
Does anyone repro the boxes? I´m sure they did in the past?
Or maybe just look for an original if they aren´t silly money.
UserPostedImage
VW Stan
15 years ago
More info here...

https://gutefahrt.com/hazet.html 

This lot do repro tins and tools...

https://www.karmannghia.com.au/content/parts_page02.html 

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
69project
15 years ago

I´m always tripping over old Hazet tools at fleamarkets over here and I was wondering about trying to collect a correct(ish) set of tools for a spare wheel toolkit - just for fun.

Anyone know anything about these toolkits? Wasn´t someone repopping the boxes some time ago? Are there more and less desireable tools for them?

Anything you know really!:d

JD wrote:

i need to come with you to these fleamarkets and trip over one for myself!
Car less.....
JD
  • JD
15 years ago

i need to come with you to these fleamarkets and trip over one for myself!

69project wrote:

I shouldn´t get too excited - I only mean I find a lot of loose Hazet spanners and so on. Haven´t seen a box yet!
UserPostedImage
zehbeh
15 years ago
on Ebay Germany I often saw some empty original boxes. Prices went up to at least 150-200 EUR
I thought about buying a repro one, but I'm not shure if I really want to have a repro.
The only repro I know at the moment is an EMPI Style box from Ebay USA, seller "pimppride"
This box is listed as "VW ACCESSORY HAZET VINTAGE STYLE ROUND TOOL BOX BY EMPI"

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390041838085&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem= 
69project
15 years ago
sometimes though the random tools like said earlier in thread do go for more as i guess they get lost!

ive been hunting for one for a while but just cant justify the 300plus it will take to get a nice half empty set.it is only some old tools in a box remember!:o

karmann konnection i think were selling the empi one(but dont quote me) but that would be like buying parts from megabug for a hebmuiller(sorry megabug!)
Car less.....
JD
  • JD
15 years ago
Maybe I should look out for a regular Hazet toolbox - not a VW one. That´d be kind of cool too. I use a nice .50 calibre ammunition box at the moment! Good and waterproof too and it fits under the seat.

I think you are right Zehbeh - the ones with EMPI stamped on them are not looking so good to me either.
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
15 years ago

Maybe I should look out for a regular Hazet toolbox - not a VW one.

JD wrote:

They are worth more because the 356 gang are after them.
Stamped "Hazet Tourist" they are rarer.
JD
  • JD
15 years ago
Did manage to pick up a humungous 36mm Hazet double ended ring spanner today - not the toolkit correct one, but its always useful to have one.
UserPostedImage
vicpolky
15 years ago
Miracles do happen - we found an original hazet kit in an antique shop in Arundel - they obviously didn't know exactly what it was because they were asking £30 for it.
Bargained them down to £25 :d

It's only missing the big screwdriver, the stubby one, and one of the spanners (13 I think), everything else is there - JD, if you spot any of those and you don't want 'em yourself, please give me a shout :wink: :d
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
www.splitvan-ovalbug.com  had been selling a limited number of Hazet tools at Holton classic and Bus Types this year.

I have a photo of what they had at Holton somewhere but when we saw them later at Bus Types a lot had already been sold.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
JD
  • JD
15 years ago

It's only missing the big screwdriver, the stubby one, and one of the spanners (13 I think), everything else is there - JD, if you spot any of those and you don't want 'em yourself, please give me a shout :wink: :d

vicpolky wrote:

I´ll keep an eye out for sure.
One thing is guaranteed - that at any flea market or boot sale you can find tools, and that a few of them will be Hazet tools.
UserPostedImage
69project
14 years ago
new???

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=732256 

id hate to know what he means by offers...
Car less.....
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

new???

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=732256 

id hate to know what he means by offers...

69project wrote:

"Assume the position...." :lol: :lol:

I have found a couple more tools ince the last time, including a quite nice wooden handled scredriver, but none of them are actual correct toolbox items. Nice tools though.
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago
Have you got the Spark plug tool yet JD?
They are fantastic,with the stow away handle,the best i've used.
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

Have you got the Spark plug tool yet JD?
They are fantastic,with the stow away handle,the best i've used.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Zehbeh and myself did see one at a show, but it wasn´t a Hazet one, so I left it. Kind of wish I´d bought it actually. Very clever and neat aren´t they.
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago

Very clever and neat aren´t they.

JD wrote:

Get yourself one JD.
I had a spare,sold my tool kit a couple of years ago.But i will always keep the spare plug spanner.
Obviously designed around the flat 4 and it's engine bay access,they are just perfect.