AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I am looking at the mo for a quote. been on Lancasters and it says £68 for me?????? talked to one and thay only went back as far as 63:omg: Has it been modified yes it has flashing indicators fitted and 12 volts (AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG) Its modified we cannot cover you was one reply. Now seeing lots of vintage bugs have had motercycle type indicators fitted are you coverd :wink: Best to check.

Andy W
vintagebug
12 years ago

Footman James here too! got the 67, and the 62 rag under the same policy for £90!

Robb wrote:

How did you manage that??!! I've just this minute run through their "Quick Quote" online & I was quoted over £200!! :omg: And that's for limited mileage on one car, not multiple cars! :thumbdn:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Flux has quoted me with our lass on the policy with 12 volt mod flashing indicators and wide steel wheels £101.02 foot man with the same broker £118.56. This was talking to them over the phone and not on websites that give you one price then load it up later.

Andy W
six-o-one
12 years ago

Not any more, George. I spoke to him last night & he stopped doing it a while back.

Can anyone recommend someone who can do it? Do the Historic Club do valuations, and if so, who would be the person to contact?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

vintagebug wrote:

Hi Dave,
It's John Maxwell who does the valuation letters [email protected]
He did a valuation for agreed value insurance (Footman James) on the Heb.

Malc

GKL 7
12 years ago
THE FLUX SUCKS.
BE WARNED.
GKL 7
12 years ago

Not any more, George. I spoke to him last night & he stopped doing it a while back.
Dave

vintagebug wrote:

Depends who's asking Dave:wink:

:rofl:
vintagebug
12 years ago

Depends who's asking Dave:wink:

:rofl:

GKL 7 wrote:

As I said before George, I'm not in your little "Elite" club... :wink:

Funnily enough, when I mentioned your name to Bob last night, the phone suddenly went dead. I wonder why? :d 😛

Dave
vintagebug
12 years ago

Hi Dave,
It's John Maxwell who does the valuation letters [email protected]
He did a valuation for agreed value insurance (Footman James) on the Heb.

Malc

six-o-one wrote:

Thanks Malc. I'll drop him a line.

Dave

Dave
RoRoVw
12 years ago
Yes, John Maxwell can do insurance valuations for Historic VW Club members.
RoRoVw
12 years ago

I am looking at the mo for a quote. been on Lancasters and it says £68 for me?????? talked to one and thay only went back as far as 63:omg: Has it been modified yes it has flashing indicators fitted and 12 volts (AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG) Its modified we cannot cover you was one reply. Now seeing lots of vintage bugs have had motercycle type indicators fitted are you coverd :wink: Best to check.

Andy W

AW wrote:

I'd say best not to check if the only modification is additional indicators. Far more likely that your non standard wheels will put them off!
GKL 7
12 years ago

I'm not in your little "Elite" club... :wink:

vintagebug wrote:

You haven't been asked Dave,because we know you will never pay your subs.

Stingy Scot.
(oh! dear,i've started to sound like E.T now:oops: see what you've gone and done).
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

THE FLUX SUCKS.
BE WARNED.

GKL 7 wrote:

Up to now the cheepest with the mods. But still looking :shock:

Andy w
six-o-one
12 years ago

Up to now the cheepest with the mods. But still looking :shock:

Andy w

AW wrote:

As with most things, cheapest isn't usually the best! Might be worth asking if people have any experiences of how the various companies deal with claims should the worse happen? Do they pay out? Do they make you use one of their approved repairers? Salvage rights if it's written off? Etc.
GKL 7
12 years ago

As with most things, cheapest isn't usually the best! Might be worth asking if people have any experiences of how the various companies deal with claims should the worse happen? Do they pay out? Do they make you use one of their approved repairers? Salvage rights if it's written off? Etc.

six-o-one wrote:

OK, here's my story with Adrian Flux.I would like to add that several people i have spoken to have had exactly the same expierience.

Ring the company and agree to a mutual value of the car.
Pay your premium by card over the phone.
Wait for your insurance documents to arrive......they don't,so you have to ring them.
They tell you on the phone that they cannot insure your vehicle for the previously agreed value.
You express that unless the agreed value is met,the policy is of little use to you.They won't move.
So you express the wish to cancel the policy.They then hit you with the line that has never been previously mentioned.
"This is a non-cancelable policy and if you wish to cancel,you will lose your premium".
So you're stuck with them,or you throw your money away.
Just to back this up,the car that they would only insure for £25K,i went on to sell six months later for £60K.And the new owner was more than happy to pay that much for the car.It, at the time was it's true market value.
This was a few years ago,and i have read on other websites,that their service has become even worse.
Cheapest is not the best.Take some time,do some homework and move rationally.
RoRoVw
12 years ago
The 1959 Garnet Red was originally insured through Adrian Flux and the premium quoted sounded reasonable. They didn't argue about the agreed value but when the policy documents arrived they charged an extra £20 on top of the quoted premium to agree the value!
Now all the cars are with Footman James on a Multicar policy and I haven't had those kind of problems with them.
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

...So you express the wish to cancel the policy.They then hit you with the line that has never been previously mentioned.
"This is a non-cancelable policy and if you wish to cancel,you will lose your premium".
So you're stuck with them,or you throw your money away.

GKL 7 wrote:

In an event like this your first course of action is the call "Trading Standards" they will quickly tell you what is and what isn't permissible. Armed with that incontrovertible evidence you can either learn from your mistake or go back and get their next quotable line to use in evidence against them. This not only applies to insurance it applies to everything you buy.

If you have a dispute you should always check where you legally stand on the issue.

John.
vintagebug
12 years ago

So you express the wish to cancel the policy.They then hit you with the line that has never been previously mentioned.

GKL 7 wrote:

Don't you have a legal right to cancel within a set time of taking out the policy? For example, a 14-day "cooling off" period?

Dave
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Flux are only brokers not the insurance company the quote i got off them was with the same company that footman James gave me there best quote on and flux are cheeper :?

Andy W
vintagebug
12 years ago

Flux are only brokers not the insurance company the quote i got off them was with the same company that footman James gave me there best quote on and flux are cheeper :?

AW wrote:

They're cheaper possibly because they'll take a smaller commission from the insurance company than Footman James. Or maybe they put more business their way than Footman James do?

Dave
vintagebug
12 years ago

Yes, John Maxwell can do insurance valuations for Historic VW Club members.

RoRoVw wrote:

Ah so I need to be a member. It's been a long time since I was a member of the Historic Club, time to step up & re-join!

Dave